Author Topic: Trying to get parts  (Read 2335 times)

Offline heretic

• Board Regular!
Trying to get parts
« on: December 10, 2005, 04:24:59 AM »
Hey all,  I have a GSF400V bandit from 1994 or 1995.  This bike went for service, and they tell me that they cannot get parts for it.  Now, I've gone to bikebandit and looked for some of the parts, but I cannot seem to find them.

First it asks me to select the year which I do, then under that it gives me a list of all the bikes of Suzuki in that year, and for some reason, the bandit is not there.

What do I do..?  Or does anyone know of any alternatives I can try for..?  I'm trying to get clutch plates, brake pads (front and rear) and clutch cover.

If I try and input some of the part numbers that the mechanic gave me, I get parts from a wide variety of bikes, and none of them are GSF 400s..

HELP..?  Anyone in the middle east..?  Can someone point me in the direction of a shop that will have these parts, or do I have to get them from Europe/US/Japan..?

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Trying to get parts
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2005, 11:20:27 AM »
get brake pads for a gsxr 400 gk73 they fit many other bikes to , get clutchs for a regular bandit doesnt have to be v or get them for a gixxer 400 gk73 all the same get the clutch cover from the same bikes to cheers not as hard as yur making it to seem ebc sells brakes and clutches for those models and barnett does too on the clutches!
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
Trying to get parts
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2005, 11:26:50 AM »
The Bandit400 wasn't imported into the US in 94 so places like bikebandit (US company) aren't listing the model. You should see about getting a parts microfiche for your year bandit so you can order parts from wherever you are. The mechanic may have already done that for you when he gave you the part numbers. With part numbers you can usually order from the local dealer (or online dealer) - a part will usually be used on several different models of bike but retains the same part number whichever model it is on. I would think that European/Asian Suzuki dealers where the B400 was imported would list parts for the '94 B400. Getting a parts 'fiche and service manual for your bike is a good idea.