Author Topic: TWIN head lamps  (Read 17771 times)

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2005, 06:41:49 PM »
Just get the entire bucket  :grin:

2008 GSXR-750

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2005, 03:15:41 PM »
Say hello to my new headlight :grin:

Got it for about $75 at eBay. It should arrive next weekend. First I'm going to install it with the stock lights to see if it looks good and if everything works like it should and then I'll order the xenon kit. I hope to have everything done before November ends.

Offline Maniac

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.bikepics.com/members/plan9/93bandit400/
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2005, 10:04:47 PM »
:congrats:

Keep us informed! I'll be following suite, possibly.

2008 GSXR-750

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2005, 08:15:35 PM »
Holy crap.... mine (ebay purchase) came today and they have built-in turn signals too!!!!!   :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:   I'm SO psyched!  They'll look so cool all taped up on the track!!!

Herr Tod - that's gonna be a great set-up for you!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline Herr Tod

• Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2005, 09:05:11 PM »
I'm sorry... but I think those lamps are the ugliest thing to put on a bike. Looks cheap in my eyes :roll: I want something special... which bike has one lamp, two bulbs and clear glass? That's only one as far as I know. But that one doesn't have xenon :grin:

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2005, 10:03:10 PM »
Quote from: "Herr Tod"
I'm sorry... but I think those lamps are the ugliest thing to put on a bike. Looks cheap in my eyes :roll: I want something special... which bike has one lamp, two bulbs and clear glass? That's only one as far as I know. But that one doesn't have xenon :grin:

Yeah - I know whacha mean.  Those darn Speed Triples, Speed Fours and Buell XBs all look awful with their dual headlights.   :shock:   I don't know what I was thinkin'.  I'll bet a Buell XB carbon screen will look pretty dumb mounted over it, too.   :beers:

As far a xenon goes...  I do ride at night some times.  Around here however, deer and crappy, unpredictible roads seriously limit the fun of it for me - even if I had a search light mounted.  A pair of silverstars shining out of those twins will be more than enought to make me happy.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2005, 10:10:28 PM »
Quote from: "PitterB4"
I'll bet a Buell XB carbon screen will look pretty dumb mounted over it, too.   :beers:

Its funny, but I've been bidding on those lately... but haven't found one to match my budget. I think they look pretty sweet. I've also picked up a flat set of gauges off a gsxr to mount up... because I'm not sure if the big bullet guages will fit nices behind that screen.
Mike

'91 GSF400
It's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2005, 11:02:24 PM »
Quote from: "interfuse"
I'll bet a Buell XB carbon screen will look pretty dumb mounted over it, too.   :beers:

Its funny, but I've been bidding on those lately... but haven't found one to match my budget. I think they look pretty sweet. I've also picked up a flat set of gauges off a gsxr to mount up... because I'm not sure if the big bullet guages will fit nices behind that screen.

Well, would you STOP bidding against me!!!!!   :stickpoke:  Hmmm... wonder if he would be interested in a group buy????  BTW last week, a guy was selling his XB headlights, a carbon screen and all the other hardware.  I saw it about an hr after he listed it with a BIN of $70US.  It was late and I decided to sleep on it.  Had made up my mind that I would do it in the am and when I got back to it, they were gone.  :banghead:

I love the B4 clocks.  I don't see why they wouldn't "fit".  They fit just fine behind my screen now.  I don't see why they won't work with an XB setup.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2005, 11:43:14 PM »
Well, would you STOP bidding against me!!!!!   :stickpoke:  Hmmm... wonder if he would be interested in a group buy????  BTW last week, a guy was selling his XB headlights, a carbon screen and all the other hardware.  I saw it about an hr after he listed it with a BIN of $70US. It was late and I decided to sleep on it.  Had made up my mind that I would do it in the am and when I got back to it, they were gone.  :banghead:

$70 for the whole setup and you thought about it? I saw the headlights go for $110 US not too long ago. I did the same thing with a sweet ducati tail & seat BIN $90 US.  :duh:

I love the B4 clocks.  I don't see why they wouldn't "fit".  They fit just fine behind my screen now.  I don't see why they won't work with an XB setup.

I like the B4 clocks as well. I just want to jam everything behind the screen nice and tight. GSXR clocks have one gauge that is more in the center and should fit nicely behind the lump in the XB screen. I also want to do some custom lighting with the new gauges, and don't want to wreck my B4 gauges.

I'm trying to keep my B4 front end stock, then I'm going to build another front end with USD forks. That way if I sell the B4 I can keep the custom front end.

Edit: I just got a second chance offer on ebay for the carbon fiber screen, bought it. I can't wait to get it.
Mike

'91 GSF400

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2005, 10:19:09 AM »
There was a guy that fabbed a set of twins (out of hellas, I think) and got like $150 for them!  I'm still kicking myself about that BIN I missed.  Well, I guess I have one less person bidding against me on the CF screen.   :grin:   I've got all winter to win one.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline banditcilik

• Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2005, 10:01:18 AM »
I think those twin lights are cool. Why ain't I installed a set of them is because I don't know how to fit the bulk of cables inside the tiny twin lamp case and not yet find the right lamp.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2005, 08:11:38 AM »
Hey Interfuse!  How's the install going? I've got my lights bolted on (regardless of what Herr Tod says, they're bad ass looking!).  The CF screen should be here anyday.  I'm still not sure what I'm gonna do with that mess of wires.  I'm having trouble with my clutch cable, too.  With my low bars, it's pushing hard on the back of the lights unless I drop the lights down pretty far.  Not sure what the solution for that is.
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline interfuse

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2005, 10:40:47 AM »
Rob, I hope you are taking pictures of the install. Right now I'm photo documenting a carb cleaning / rebuild. I also took some pictures of cleaning the starter motor, but a bunch of them didn't turn out (and I'm not taking that thing apart again if I can help it!).

I got the CF screen from a company called DScomposites and it's really nice. I'm still searching for a set of lights. I'm leaning towards the Buell twin light setup. I'll post a picture of the CF screen when I get a chance.

The gxsr speedo housing will work nicely with the CF screen, now I just need to find some gauges to put in it.

My current problem is my bike is stuck at the parking garage and its snowing. Hopefully it will all melt soon so I can ride it home and bring her in the house!
Mike

'91 GSF400

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2005, 11:28:22 AM »
Uh... yeah... pics... that would be good!!!   :idea:

Really, I'm not that far.  I'm thinking about shortening several sections of the harness (cutting out sections and soldering them back together).  Particularly with my low bars, the wires to the controls are like 6" too long.  Then I think I'm going to disconnect the hose from the thermostat to the rad so I can snake the extra wires over above the horn.  I've been wanting to change over to water wetter anyway.  

I wish DScomposites would get my damn screen to me!  

That's awesome about the carb cleaning how-to.  Looking forward to that!
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
TWIN head lamps
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2005, 04:12:30 PM »
Hey Mike - I know you're not working on this yeat but what are your plans to accommodate the extra draw from the twin beams (see my thread in the General Tech forum)?  I really hoped that this would be plug and play.  I have no desire to tear into the whole harness.  Guess it's not that big a deal but I suck at electrics.   :sad:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7