Author Topic: Wats up with the bandit?  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
Wats up with the bandit?
« on: December 25, 2006, 12:03:08 AM »
So, I recently noticed that when i turn the key to the "on" position, the brake light is constantly on. I hold the brake and it doesnt get any brighter. Anyone have a clue as to what could be the problem?

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
Wats up with the bandit?
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 12:33:03 AM »
Oh yes merry christmas to you down buy your rear brake you find a srings conected to the pedal and the switch get some WD40 lube it up and and work it up and down as you fidle with it wach the light go on and of in disbeleif that im right HO HO HO merry christmas!!!!!!! :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers: BURP :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers: BELCH :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers: RALFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
Wats up with the bandit?
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 10:47:27 PM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
Oh yes merry christmas to you down buy your rear brake you find a srings conected to the pedal and the switch get some WD40 lube it up and and work it up and down as you fidle with it wach the light go on and of in disbeleif that im right HO HO HO merry christmas!!!!!!! :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers: BURP :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers: BELCH :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers: RALFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:  :beers:

where exactly should i spray wit wd40? the parts are hidden behind the foot guard thing

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Wats up with the bandit?
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 03:48:27 AM »
Quote from: "Stealth"

where exactly should i spray wit wd40? the parts are hidden behind the foot guard thing

Follow the rear brake pedal to where the "plunger" is.  It will have a piece that moves into another piece.  It lives behind that guard,.. but you can get a WD40 straw in there.  Jay's advice is good,... just lubricate it as good as Jay sounds.  :beers:
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
Wats up with the bandit?
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2007, 01:52:03 PM »
Quote from: "stormi"

Follow the rear brake pedal to where the "plunger" is.  It will have a piece that moves into another piece.  It lives behind that guard,.. but you can get a WD40 straw in there.  Jay's advice is good,... just lubricate it as good as Jay sounds.  :beers:

k, ill try that, thanks

Offline Stealth

• Board Homesteader!
Wats up with the bandit?
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2007, 09:46:15 PM »
I found the "plunger" and i fixed the problem. Apparently, the plunger had moved a bit so it wouldnt let the spring let the switch go back to the off position. I rotated it abit, tightened it, and wd40'd it just for some good ol' lubing.

And now it works perfect.

Thanks for the help both of you  :beers:

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
Wats up with the bandit?
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 01:27:57 PM »
I found the "plunger" and i fixed the problem. Apparently, the plunger had moved a bit so it wouldnt let the spring let the switch go back to the off position. I rotated it abit, tightened it, and wd40'd it just for some good ol' lubing.

And now it works perfect.

Thanks for the help both of you  :beers:

Alright!! Great to hear you got it working.  

I might as well tell you now though, that there's a chance you'll be lubing it periodically from now on.  We do Dita's about 2 times a riding season, but she also gets ridden in some nasty weather.
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works