Author Topic: VVC Refusing to Rev  (Read 11790 times)

Offline fast al gordo

• TURBO TYPER!
Re: VVC Refusing to Rev
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 04:37:13 PM »
Latest update: Removed the petock, there is a filter as part of. There was a bunch of detritus around the bottom of the filter, but not enough to block fuel flow. The diaphragm is still working also.

Got the carbs off and there was fuel in the float bowls. Tomorrow will be spent cleaning the carbs.

On a side note. When trying to get the bike to rev, gently applying throttle the engine starts to die. If you release the throttle, before the engine dies, the revs will pick up momentarily before the engine returns to idle.

Looking at the filter on the petcock, I'm dubious about any crap getting into the carbs. But'll still give them the once over just in case.

Offline ventYl

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 09:32:57 AM »
On a side note. When trying to get the bike to rev, gently applying throttle the engine starts to die. If you release the throttle, before the engine dies, the revs will pick up momentarily before the engine returns to idle.

assuming that this happens with choke on; this would mean that main jets are clogged. the bike is running solely off choke. opening throttle will decrease drag through choke passage causing it being too lean to run again. after closing throttle drag through choke passage is restored (theoretically) temporarily creating different mixture causing slight increase of RPM for short period of time.
Bandit 400 1991 - stock except of swap from GK75B to GK75A

Offline no friction

• New user!
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2016, 09:46:03 PM »
cold does mischief to a battery aye. i tried insulating my battery boxes previously it actually seemed to help.... but maybe that was just wishful thinking
talking of cleaning carbs look what came off mine

i used vinegar, lemon juice, washing up liquid a little bit of coca cola and hot water. this was actually after the third time cleaning in a row