Author Topic: Voltmeters?  (Read 2810 times)

Offline mosquito

• Board Homesteader!
Voltmeters?
« on: September 23, 2009, 05:21:01 AM »
I want to install a voltmeter on my B4 but have no idea what's available.  Ideally I'd like an analogue gauge that looks like the standard gauges but is about 1/3 to 1/2 the diameter.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Pictures of what you have installed?

As a side note, this unit from http://www.digitalmeter.com/ looks like it would be good; it just doesn't match the cluster:

Offline asskickinpeanuts

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Voltmeters?
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 01:39:26 AM »
I want to install a voltmeter on my B4 but have no idea what's available.  Ideally I'd like an analogue gauge that looks like the standard gauges but is about 1/3 to 1/2 the diameter.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Pictures of what you have installed?

As a side note, this unit from http://www.digitalmeter.com/ looks like it would be good; it just doesn't match the cluster:

Have you tried Pep Boys/Auto Zone/auto parts supply stores?  Go there first.  You can look at them in person.  Or, go to SummitRacing.com.  Look for Nordskog, Cyberdyne, or Auto Meter meters.  The 2 1/16" gauge can mount in the middle of the fairing in the hump between the tach and speedo.  Or in the fairing on the side.  Just don't mount it under the handlebar where you can't normally see it.  It might look like a good spot standing next to the bike, but sit on it to verify before you drill holes.  Don't ask how I know.
2001 Bandit 1200S
the sum intelligence of humanity is a fixed quantity.  The greater number of people, the less intelligence per person (and I resemble this remark).
If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline mosquito

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:00:52 AM »
Farings?  Who's got farings?  ;)

Most of what's available out there doesn't look very good and is huge, but I did find one from Sunpro that'll work until I find one that really matches.  I'm going to hang it off to the right of the tach.

Offline asskickinpeanuts

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2009, 12:40:58 AM »
Sorry, my bad.  I assumed you had a fairing, too.  I forgot about the nekkid Bandits.
2001 Bandit 1200S
the sum intelligence of humanity is a fixed quantity.  The greater number of people, the less intelligence per person (and I resemble this remark).
If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline PitterB4

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »
Sorry, my bad.  I assumed you had a fairing, too.  I forgot about the nekkid Bandits.

This is the 400 forum...  nearly all are nekkid!   :bandit:
Rob
Bikeless!
'93 Bandit 400 - SOLD
'98 Honda F3 Track Bike - SOLD
'98 Kawi ZX-6R Street Bike - SOLD
NESBA #87 - RETIRED
'00 Gary Fisher Kaitai
'09 Bianchi Via Nirone 7

Offline r_outsider

• Site Testing Volunteer
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2009, 11:02:28 PM »
I think Stormi found a nice small one at a Harley shop once. Might be worth trying one of those places. I think the only reason we didn't get it is we couldn't figure out a practical place to mount it.