Author Topic: wheelie pains and pleasure  (Read 2460 times)

Offline banditmack

• TURBO TYPER!
wheelie pains and pleasure
« on: May 08, 2005, 02:45:03 PM »
I dont know if other bikers have similar things happen but for year I used to dream about doing great long wheelies.  The dreams got so frequent that one day I decided to have a go.  I was riding a red 93 b4 vv.  I found a empty car park and basically dropped the clutch at 8,000 rpm.  The front went flying in the air almost vertical and then as I sheeeet myself and closed the throttle, the front came crashing down and almost flew me over the front.  I knew that by continuing I was damaging the bike and maybe myself but the feeling and rush that I got doing it was great.

I own a large retail store so dont get time apart from sundays.  I practice every available sunday I get free from family commitments.  I have been practicing wheelies for over a year now.  I have crashed once when the bike went too high and threw me off.  Lots of damage to me and the bike.  My knee looked like a football after the fall.  I broke the exhaust on the bike where it landed on it's side.  The handlears bent into the tank and lots of cosmetic damage.

My knee is better and I have a newer b4 (the b4 vv is still better).  I can now wheelie the car park but am always fearful of losing it.  I can also wheelie from a standing start and can continue until I run out of revs in first gear.

Next on the list is changing gears in the air and doing those really cool slow wheelies.  It's addictive once you start but even now I dont wheelie in public places just in case I lose it.

I just wanted to share my experience with other b4 riders and hope people will reply with any experiences of their own.  I dont have any pics as yet but will get a mate to take some for you all to see soon.