Author Topic: Where to get key made?  (Read 3051 times)

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Where to get key made?
« on: October 03, 2006, 09:56:15 PM »
I need to get a few extra keys made for my B4, as mine is very worn. My question is, can I go to any cycle dealer to get one cut? Or do I need to go to Suzuki? I had already tried Lowe’s (home store), and they didn't have the blank. But does anyone know if I specifically need to go to Suzuki to get one made?

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
Key
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 11:48:12 PM »
I got my key made at a locksmith's. Check the yellowpages and call a couple.

Offline doqq

• Board Homesteader!
Where to get key made?
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 12:17:51 AM »
exactly...I got mine made at the locksmith's too.  works just as good.  Just make sure you check the keys after its been cut.  I had to go back once to have it redone because they didnt use the right size.  good luck to you.

Offline BrianM

• Board Homesteader!
Cheers,

BrianM ~ 1991 Bandit 400

Offline sclay115

• Board Homesteader!
Where to get key made?
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2006, 11:58:48 PM »
Yeah I ended up just going to a locksmith. Turns out, not even the dealer up here cuts keys, wacky. You can buy them there, they just can't cut them. Seems strange to me.

Steve
"When people who should have known better cautioned me about the dangers of motorcycle racing, I always told them that a fear of death is nothing more than a fear of life in disguise."

--Nick Voge