Author Topic: Winter Work  (Read 2979 times)

Offline erict716

• Board Homesteader!
Winter Work
« on: December 03, 2013, 03:41:49 PM »
I am sure there are some topics in here that discuss this but I couldn't find one that really helps clarify all the fun.
I am planning on doing a lot of work on the 400 this winter. Going through and doing the valves, carbs etc. And some beautification work that has been lacking with the last owner.
That being said I plan on having the tank off for a fair amount of time.
Most times I just leave the remaining gas in the tnak and take it off with the petcock and set it on a rag in a pan so any drips dont go on the floor.

With it being off awhile I am afraid of rust in the tank. If the tank is off a while is there a recomendation for the tank?

Thanks!

Offline TJS

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Winter Work
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 10:57:28 AM »
Options:
1. Fill it up with gas with stabilizer, race gas, or non-ethanol boat gas; pet cock in down position, gas cap locked in place; use block of wood under tank to make level, place in ventilated area on card board or foam

2. Empty gas, let air dry, spray top and bottom inside tank with WD-40;pet cock in down position, gas cap locked in place; use block of wood under tank to make level, place in ventilated area on card board or foam, rinse with fresh gas before use
More Bandit 400 stuff on my youtube:
https://youtube.com/c/StanleysGarage369

Offline erict716

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Winter Work
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 11:03:03 AM »
Awesome.  Thanks man.