Author Topic: exhaust  (Read 2891 times)

Offline rolandoc

• Board Regular!
exhaust
« on: January 24, 2007, 11:26:20 PM »
ok so i know the pipe is 2" to put a aftermarket can on but i was wondering what one ppl use. as in what other model bike has a 2" and works ok on the bandit!! thanx
1993 Bandit 400

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
exhaust
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 05:32:36 AM »
Quote from: "stormi"
And is there any reason a person can't use a 2" ID to 2 1/4" OD exhaust pipe adapter to make a larger variety of pipes fit?  

I went the other way (2.125 to 2) when I was using my V&H headers with my M4 can.  I didn't notice any problems doing so, although I didn't run it that way very long.  It would seem less likely to be an issue going smaller to larger.

[boy - I'm a dumbass... i just totally screwed up this post.  i edited it when I thought i was quoting it.  SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!  Somebody take my mod powers away.  Quick!!!!!!  Rob]
stormi

Dita - 91 Bandit 400 - SOLD
Blue - 02 Hornet 919 - Perfect Gentleman
02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390
17 Husky TC85 converted to 105

Electrosport Charging System Test - it really works

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
exhaust
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 11:34:12 AM »
A flange mount is a bolt on pipe . Like a srad and others there is a guy in the uk that sells a flange or bolt on adapter to run any slip on to a 2" pipe.

"And is there any reason a person can't use a 2" ID to 2 1/4" OD exhaust pipe adapter to make a larger variety of pipes fit?"

This i dont understand why you would need to?!!! :duh:
Just cut your off put the new one on almost all slip ons that arent bolt ons will be 2"'s and will fit. :beers:
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
exhaust
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 02:29:11 PM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
A flange mount is a bolt on pipe . Like a srad and others there is a guy in the uk that sells a flange or bolt on adapter to run any slip on to a 2" pipe.

"And is there any reason a person can't use a 2" ID to 2 1/4" OD exhaust pipe adapter to make a larger variety of pipes fit?"

This i dont understand why you would need to?!!! :duh:
Just cut your off put the new one on almost all slip ons that arent bolt ons will be 2"'s and will fit. :beers:

The slipon I just picked up is from a "bigger bandit" and Dita's midpipe measures just under 2" ( like 1.9978") and the ID of the new pipe is 2.246", so as I see it, there's a little gap to take up there.  (Yes, I just sat down and tried the digitial calipers for the first time. :lol: )

Since it looks like I can't use the midpipe from it, we're going to have the little tabs welded onto the adapter, and weld the adapter onto the existing mid.

Or am I complicating this too much?
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
exhaust
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 02:31:35 PM »
And is there any reason a person can't use a 2" ID to 2 1/4" OD exhaust pipe adapter to make a larger variety of pipes fit?  

I went the other way (2.125 to 2) when I was using my V&H headers with my M4 can.  I didn't notice any problems doing so, although I didn't run it that way very long.  It would seem less likely to be an issue going smaller to larger.

[boy - I'm a dumbass... i just totally screwed up this post.  i edited it when I thought i was quoting it.  SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!  Somebody take my mod powers away.  Quick!!!!!!  Rob]

Hah!  I did it once too.  

I think the original content went something to the effect of:

I gotta ask, what's the difference between a flange mount and a true "slipon", and how would I recognise it.  

stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline land-warrior.rus

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://landwarrior.dynserv.net
exhaust
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 11:04:17 PM »
Jesus Stormi, are you still editing posts  :duh:
I thought after "editing" one of my posts your admin power would be taken from you... :bigok:
Only winding you up...you are doing great...
We work to live not live to work!!!

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
exhaust
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:45:37 PM »
Quote from: "land-warrior.rus"
Jesus Stormi, are you still editing posts  :duh:
I thought after "editing" one of my posts your admin power would be taken from you... :bigok:
Only winding you up...you are doing great...

LOL! HA! no! yours was the one that I edited by mistake.  Rob (pitterb4) got me back.  :monkeymoon:
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline gsxr400 racer

• I find things for a small fee....
  • Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • For all your disc golf needs...maybe i can race again someday.lol
exhaust
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2007, 12:15:31 AM »
[quote="stormiThe slipon I just picked up is from a "bigger bandit" and Dita's midpipe measures just under 2" ( like 1.9978") and the ID of the new pipe is 2.246", so as I see it, there's a little gap to take up there.  (Yes, I just sat down and tried the digitial calipers for the first time. :lol: )

Since it looks like I can't use the midpipe from it, we're going to have the little tabs welded onto the adapter, and weld the adapter onto the existing mid.

Or am I complicating this too much?[/quote]
IC sounds like you have it under control
1988 gsxr 400 sp (sprint bike)
*  SELLER OF THE 442CC BIG BORE PISTON KIT FOR THE BANDIT 400,GSXR400, GK73 and 76.* And carb kits(orings)too. Email me from here.
has been a wera expert #610 lol

Offline stormi

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
  • BOFH
    • stormi's other hobbies
exhaust
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 01:41:05 AM »
Quote from: "gsxr400 racer"
The slipon I just picked up is from a "bigger bandit" and Dita's midpipe measures just under 2" ( like 1.9978") and the ID of the new pipe is 2.246", so as I see it, there's a little gap to take up there.  (Yes, I just sat down and tried the digitial calipers for the first time. :lol: )

Or am I complicating this too much?

IC sounds like you have it under control

So, if I can do it, then others can too,.. thus opening options up?  :banana:
stormi

02 KTM 200 EXC - Sold
08 VFR800 - Lowered 1.2"
17 KTM RC390

Offline rolandoc

• Board Regular!
exhaust
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 07:03:27 PM »
so is there anyone that knows a specific bike model that uses a 2" slip on? like a r6? cbr? bandit 600? gsxr 600? i don't want to take a guess and order the wrong part.
1993 Bandit 400

Offline land-warrior.rus

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://landwarrior.dynserv.net
exhaust
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 08:20:37 PM »
When ordering a slip on just ask them for the diameter of the pipe. Thats all you have to do, any pipe, any at all. I bought a Scorpion can with 2" diameter(5cm) - perfect fit and super sound.
We work to live not live to work!!!