Author Topic: Aftermarket Seats  (Read 2311 times)

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Aftermarket Seats
« on: September 04, 2005, 09:27:34 PM »
Does anyone make a comfortable seat for the '400? I just put about 300-400 miles on my '400, and man is my ass sore! :monkeymoon:

Got me wonderin'...

Offline jcmjrt

• Board Homesteader!
Aftermarket Seats
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005, 09:53:28 PM »
Hi VidRazor,
I like to ride long days too. My normal riding day is 200 - 300+ miles/day in the twisties. I find that riding the twisties is hard on my knees but haven't had any issues with my backside yet. Everyone is different and maybe you were on the highway and not getting out of the saddle?? I don't know of any aftermarket seats but you might want to try putting a gel insert in your saddle or reshaping the foam or changing to a different foam. If you have ridden in a saddle that you found comfortable before then you might want to look at that shape, density of foam or gel and try some changes like that. I know some people like really firm foam and others who swear by squishy gel so it's really just whyat fits you. Another thing might be....have you given your body a chance to get used to the bike? I took some short rides first before doing the all day type rides. Just thoughts. Hope you can get it comfortable for you.

Offline Spacey86

• Board Homesteader!
Aftermarket Seats
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005, 05:25:13 PM »
Hey there i did what jcmjrt said, i used to get a sore arse after ridding long distance, got a custom seat builder over here to rebuild my seat so that it was made from a soft gell stuff, now is really nice to ride long distance on only cost about £100
If at first it don't fit .......... Smack it with a hammer(might be the reason my B4 is nackered)

Offline suparobb

• Board Regular!
sargent makes a seat
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 10:34:17 PM »
sargent makes a really high quality seat, it doesnt have the vinyl feel or look of the oem seats. looks great too.  :banana:  :grin:  :banana:  :grin:  :banana:

Offline Thief400

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.members.shaw.ca/cgard
Aftermarket Seats
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 11:40:25 PM »
I wore the vinyl out on my seat from moving around going though the twisties, took the seat to a local upholstery shop. had them add an extra inch and a half of firm foam at the front of the seat and recover it. feel much better now when I hammer on the brakes and the boys don't get slammed into the tank as bad   LMAO