Author Topic: Tire options and where to get them?  (Read 6379 times)

Offline D7

• New user!
Tire options and where to get them?
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2005, 03:45:46 PM »
When I first changed my tires, I can't really remember what they were, I think Avon or B/stones, but whatever they were they were awful, mostly with the front (that felt unstable when tipping it in). I went for Dunlops in the end, and later changed to GPR70's for the extra grip, and touch wood, they've been spot on. I tend to push the front a bit hard, but it copes really well, but the rear one wears out less than the front (surely that's back to front), and still has loads of surface in the middle of the tire, but less on the sides (surely that's BTF as well?)

Anyway, despite liking'em, I was toying with the idea of a change as tire production is on the up, and getting better 'n better, so it's interesting what your saying. Has Pirelli brought out a new tire for our bikes in the Diablo range. They seem to be winning a lot of the road races over here, so they might be worth a go??

D

Offline Krautwagen

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://home.comcast.net/~jeffgundry/
Tire options and where to get them?
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2005, 12:54:13 AM »
My brother is running Diablo's on his R6 and he love's them...  Metzeler is owned by Pirelli.  I wonder if the rubber compounds are the same...
Dave
'92 Bandit 400 - parts
'07 SV650n