Author Topic: B12 OEM Lower Motor Mounts  (Read 9601 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
B12 OEM Lower Motor Mounts
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:54:28 PM »
B12 OEM Lower Motor Mounts
(from old board)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Schorken
(11/19/03 5:26 pm)
Need motor mounts

Can anyone on your side of the Pond tell me how I can get some lower motor mounts for my 2003 Bandit 1200s. They don't put them on ours over here. Don't know why not. I would appreciate any help.
b12se
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red01SuziB12S
(11/19/03 7:40 pm)
Re: Need motor mounts

I've got the p/n's at home. I have a set on my bike that I found on ebay. The 1G Canadian models had them, too... so you can probably order them from this side of the pond from the Great White North.  
Paul W
Red01SuziB12S
(11/21/03 1:34 pm)
Lower motor mount P/N's

You'll need two of the following (LH & RH sides use same parts):

41931-27E50 Mount
41932-27E50 Bushing

Plus the bolts. Sorry, I fogot the exact sizes. Suzuki uses a special nut for the upper bolt where it goes into the bosses on the motor. I don't know if there's any dealers outside the US that offer a Bandit microfiche online, so I can't give you the Suzuki p/n's for the Bandit's bolts or the special nuts. I did look up a 750 Katana on Ron Ayers fiche and it uses special nuts for its lower mount bolts (totally different motor mount though). Just a guess, but this is probably the same nut the Bandits use - and if it's not, I see no reason why it shouldn't work... unless the Kat's use a smaller mount bolt.

09159-10020 Katana special nut for upper bolt of lower mount

The metric bolts I used were sourced from the local auto parts and/or hardware store. I was able to use normal nuts on the upper bolts, but it wasn't fun to install. (OK, it really wasn't THAT bad, but it did require a little patience.) It also makes the upper bolt length more critical because you should get thread protrusion from the nut, but you have to avoid the end of the bolt contacting the motor on the inboard side of the mounting boss. One side has less room to work with than the other. I adjusted the bolt length with an extra washer under the head on that side. I just barely got thread protrusion and I think I can slip a .005" feeler gauge between the bolt and the motor.
Paul W
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)