Author Topic: Louder Horn(s)  (Read 9101 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Louder Horn(s)
« on: March 11, 2005, 10:32:45 PM »
Louder Horn(s)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Red01SuziB12S
(6/10/02 6:14 pm)
Louder horn(s)

In another thread there was some talk about how lame the stock horn is.

One solution is to replace the stocker with an inexpensive, but loud, Fiamm AM80 series horn. These are a "snail" shaped horn roughly the same diameter as the OEM one, but about twice as thick.

These come in high and low tone and with the included adapter, plug right in where the stocker was. They also come with some bracketry that you can use to mount it in the stock location (on the S models anyway), which is what I did. Some folks have found alternate locations and added both the high and low tone horns, others have added just one in addition to the stocker.

These Fiamm horns can be found on the hook at NAPA stores, Pep Boys, CSK Auto, Wal-Mart and who knows what others under house labels... but if you look thru the blister package, you'll seee the Fiamm name on them all. Prices vary from ~$10-20 a horn depending on what store you go to. They can also be ordered thru Harbor Freight Tools for $9.99 each. The HFT numbers are 44759 for the low freq and 44760 for the high freq.

Paul W

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PeteSC  
(6/17/02 9:36 am)
Re: Louder horn(s)

Hey Paul, I have the same horn...

Mounted it in the stock location, but was hitting the fork brace when braking hard.
Took it off... to tweak the mounting a bit, later...
They are LOUD!

Did you have any problems mounting yours?

Red01SuziB12S
(6/17/02 7:35 pm)
Re: Louder horn(s)

I had no problems w/mine, but then I guess the 2nd Gen B12S mounts its horn in a different location. Mine is located right next to the oil cooler on the left side... it's the silver disc above and forward of the top of the header pipe (back side of the horn is bare plated metal). I did use the mounting brackets that came with the horn, but they attached to the frame in the stock location.

Paul W

Red01
Posted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 2:20 am    
Post subject: My Fiamm horn update

You will need to be careful on how you orient the mouth of the horn(s), if they get water inside, they will have a short life... mine died that way.

I put the stock horn back on until I get enough ambition to go out an buy a pair and stash them inside the fairing, out of the weather.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)