Author Topic: Shock transplant - GSX-R & Hayabusa  (Read 59138 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Shock transplant - GSX-R & Hayabusa
« on: March 11, 2005, 09:59:46 PM »
GSX-R Shock transplant
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bluey
(5/23/02 8:46 am)
GSX-R Shock transplant

Can any one tell me if a rear shock from a 97 750GSX-R will fit an 89 B12 bandit? If so is it a drop in fit or are there some mods to do (besides revalving etc.)?

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
David F C
(5/23/02 7:04 pm)
GSX750R shock

If it has the gas cylinder atached to it I don't think it will fit, but if it is of the kind that is linked by a hose then it's just taking out the old and putting in the new, very easy, doesn't require any more mods.

One thing though, I read somewhere in this site that you should use GSX750R shocks for the 600 Bandit and GSX1000R for the 1200 Bandit...
Something about the weight...
Just thought I should mention it...

Red01SuziB12S
(5/23/02 7:14 pm)
Re: GSX-R Shock transplant

An '89 Bandit 1200??? I didn't know the went back that far.    :wink:

According to Fast Larry's Bandit FAQ the '91-'94 GSX-R 750 shock is preferred for the 1G B12, and if the rider is large and/or carries heavy loads frequently, the GSX-R 1100 shock of '91-'98 vintage (possibly '89-'90 also) can be used. Either of these shocks will raise the rear of a Bandit 1-1.5". You may need to do a little grinding/filing on the back side of the lower attach point for the above shocks to fit.
For anyone with a 2nd Gen B12, disregard any of the above (unless you want to lower your bike) since the newer model uses a longer shock.

Earlier GSX-R shocks don't have a remote reservior and later ones are too long (and their piggyback reservior may cause fitment problems as well). The 2nd Gen B12 may be able to use the '95+ GSX-R 750 shock, but I haven't heard of anyone trying it yet. The popular budget swap for the 2G is to use a stock Hayabusa shock. These have piggyback reserviors, but fit easily if you have pod filters but will work with a stock airbox with some light trimming of the airbox.

Paul W
2G w/K&N pods & 'Busa shock

bluey
(5/24/02 6:45 am)

Thanks for the info, I asked specifically about the 97 750 GSX-R shock, because thats the model I can get easily, there is one in a wrecking yard near by. I ride mostly one up but I am a fat bastard so I would get the shocker re-sprung for my wieght.
I believe it has a remote oil tank . I would hate to fork over the three hundred dollars (150 US) and then find out it won't fit. Wreckers here won't refund your money, it's too bad, too sad, if you pick the wrong part.
I know its a 98 model Bandit, it's just that I'm dislexic and get mixed up between 89 and 98. Now where is my left hand?

cheekeebandito
(5/25/02 8:12 am)
GSXR shock

I installed a '91 GSXR 750 shock on my 99 B12 . Raised the back end a bit, but really improved the ride. It was a really easy bolt-in affair with no grinding or drilling involved. Of course it just magnified the mushiness of the front end, so next came the Race-tech springs and new oil in the front end.........good luck, cheekee

Owen69
(5/25/02 5:12 pm)
Gsxr shock

I really wonder if you can put the newer type GSXR shock on a 2001 and up Bandit . The only reason I could not see it being done in earlier models is the battery tray was in the frame ,the 2001 has it on the rear fender there does seem to be enough room in there for the attached reservoir . It would be nice if some one had access to one to have some measurements of one, such as pin hole to pin hole as well as size of resiviour. Hey if anyone has one you could send it to me and I will try it on my bike. The only other way I can make more room in that spot is to get rid of the air box and go to pod filters from K&N filters and rejet (going to do that anyways) Does anyone have one to get measurments from?

Red01SuziB12S
(9/30/04 8:24 pm)

Here's some helpful measurements:

Gen 1 B12 Shocks are 300MM (11.8") Long with a 64MM (2.5") stroke
Gen 2 B12 Shocks are 320MM (12.6") Long with a 61MM (2.4") stroke
All Hayabusa Shocks are 330MM (13.0") Long with a 72MM (2.8") stroke

If you decide you want to try a shock not already mentioned as known swaps, measure it to see how compatible it will be with your bike. Keep in mind a shock 10mm longer than stock will raise the tail ~30mm, 10mm shorter will lower the tail ~30mm.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Will a GSXR1100 rear shock bolt on to a 99 B12?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 10:02:13 PM »
Will a GSXR1100 rear shock bolt on to a 99 B12?
Jim

Hey I'm a new owner of a very low mileage '99 B12. I want to tour with some of it riding 2 up. I want to put a different shock in the rear. I've heard that a GSXR1100 will bolt-on directly but I also heard that this causes the rear to sit up so high that the centerstand won't take the rear wheel off the ground?! What is the truth...and should I just suck it up and buy a new Progressive Shock?

what's the deal,

jim

PeteSC  
(10/12/01 10:47 am)
Re: Will a GSXR1100 rear shock bolt on to a 99 B12?

It does fit somehow....

A lot of people have used the GSXR shock. There is a little tweaking to do....which I don't have all of the details!
Hint, hint.....somebody PLEASE post them!

sbc302  
(10/18/01 10:39 pm)

I would go for a aftermarket shock..  

I have -91gsxr shock on mine and it's about 5mm longer than b12 shock and you have to grind it a little at the bottom..
Öhlins would be best i quess..  

Bandit1216
(10/19/01 10:19 pm)
Fox!

I have a Fox Twin-clicker on my '98 1216, and plan on buying one for my 2001. Griff over at Max-zuki has the prototype Fox TC for the 2001's on his B12. The 2001 shocks are 3/4" longer than the 1st generation B12's. The pre 92 gsxr shocks are somewhere in between, as they will actually lower the 2001's while raising up the pre-2001's.

For the money, you cant beat the Fox TC, they are as every bit as good as the ohlins, and less expensive. Fully adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, with remote reservoire. Spring rates are installed specifically to your weight range.

Heres a thread with a pic on the 2001's, it looks the same on the 1st gen B12, just mounted on the other side:

www.maximum-suzuki.com/No...00615.html

Good luck!

azimsen
(10/25/01 7:19 pm)
Re: Fox! or GSXR?

Hi. I put a '93 GSXR 750 shock on my '97 B6. I didn't have to do any modifying of the bike. I mounted the resevoir to the bungee rail w/ hose clamps. It raised the seat hight by 3/4". It steers lighter now. The ride over bumps is a little harsher for small sharp edged bumps, but bigger bumps that used to upset the whole chassis are now just a little bump. I intend to put on the progressive front springs too, but I haven't installed them yet. I haven't decided on the $130ish for Race-Tech cartridge emulators. (not needed on a B12, but their gold valves would offer B12 an improvement. I live in Campbell CA, so instead I would take my cartridge forks to Lindeman). AS IS it handles better now. Partly because the ride hight steepened the steering angle, partly because the stiffer spring and better damping. The combination I am working towards will have the fork springs and a lower profile rear tire to bring the ridehight back to stock. best of luck AZ

David F C
(11/3/01 9:46 am)

Hello, I'm new here...

From what I heard the GSXR shock does fit, and from the looks of it it seems to be true, I bought one recently but haven't had time to install it yet (can't wait!), so I can't tell you how it will do. Anyway, I was told that the 1100 shock is too stif and was advised to get the 750 wich is softer.
Nice rides for everybody!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
More from the old board
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 10:04:53 PM »
Gixxer 750 shock
Derek

Put it in, seemed to have lowered the bike a bit-which is what I wanted anyway. Shaved the right side tab(s) off airbox(as you are sitting on the bike). The back end of the bike feels like the road is as soft as butter on a hot fluffy biscuit. It feels like it has stiffened up the front forks; however by adding a REAL shock. The best part: it's a 2003 Gixxer 750 shock bought off ebay fer $10! Second best mod I did to her! Another satisfied customer!
DEREK

mishadbull
(1/14/04 8:21 am)
 questions

Is this on a b6 or b12? what gen? and how much do you weigh?

Mike
BT Square
(1/14/04 7:30 pm)
Gixxer shock

2001 B12
207lbs, still pretty good ride!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 11:51:18 PM »
Shock Swap
Okay guys, please help me out. I just got what is supposed to be a 2002 B12 shock off ebay to put on my 96 b6. I am heavy so I want to adjust the damping to the heaviest setting. I don't know if there is a front and rear for the shock and wouldn't think it would matter which way it was facing when it is mounted but what is my reference point for adjusting the damping? on the lower mount, just above what I assume is the damping adjustment (black wheel with numbers 1 to 4 on it), there is a small round indentation on one side and the letter A on the other. Also, can anyone provide a link to swapping the shock or give some pointers? When i take the old shock out, are there any places that need grease? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Red01SuziB12S
(8/26/04 12:40 am)
Re: Shock Swap

It probably doesn't matter which way you put it in, but IIRC, the adjuster screw is on the chain side and you line the numbers up with the mark.

Here's Bill's Progressive shock installation instructions for a B12.
http://www.bladesbandit.com/prorearshock.htm
The proceedure for replacing your B6 shock will be the same. Put a fresh coat of grease on all the bushings in the cushion lever and the top bolt. I like to use boat trailer wheel bearing grease (marine grade) as it holds up to weather better and this is in an area that gets exposed to the elements.

Paul W
Tacoman
(8/26/04 1:42 pm)
Re: Shock Swap

I did the same swap on my gen one B6. Make sure you put the bike on the center stand! Take the side frame plugs out and you have easy access to the mounting bolt. Have you put in new front springs? The B12 shock with the stock B6 fork springs will be very unbalanced. I've been happy with the mod, big improvement for the price. Its not perfect but its better than whats original.
FLIP
(8/26/04 10:28 pm)
Re: shock swap

thanks guys. i have progressive suspension springs and 15 wt. oil in the forks. i kind of miss that buick ride on the interstate but it's well worth it anytime the road has curves or i use the brakes. i hate to admit my ignorance but i'm not following you on how to adjust the shock damping. there is a black plastic wheel on the bottom of the lower shock mount. it is in the center of it and is numbered 1-4. you have to look at the very bottom of the shock to see it. it appears to be mounted on the end of the rod that goes into the body of the shock. it is not on the side of the shock. when it turns, there are detents in the movement at each of the numbers but you can keep rotating it in either direction so i do not know where to set it for maximum damping.
Red01SuziB12S
(8/27/04 1:27 am)

OOPS!! Sorry for the confusion... The adjuster screw on the side is on my Hayabusa shock, so disregard that part!

Paul W
Tacoman
(8/27/04 1:22 pm)
adjustment

My shock has the little black wheel as well. The only damping it controls is rebound. I left mine on the number 3 setting and have not played with it. I figured with the lighter bike I might want just a bit more damping.
FLIP
(8/27/04 9:38 pm)
shock swap

thanks guys. i'm getting closer. okay, Tacoman, the shock is not yet on the bike. i would like to adjust the damping to the firmest setting before i install it. what do i use as a reference point to turn the adjustment wheel to? it's not readily apparent to me which side is the front, back, left or right side of the shock, so i don't know if the 4 should be facing the right side or the left side of the bike, etc. there are a couple of markings on the bottom of the shock. do those designate a direction for mounting or for damping adjustment? i'm sure there is something simple here that i'm missing.
Tacoman
(8/30/04 12:52 pm)
shock

I'll have to look at mine, I don't remember which side the put the adj wheel. 1 gives you the lightest rebound while 4 will be the heaviest. The adjuster looks kinda cheesy so I'm not sure how much noticeable difference it makes.

Shock Swap
Q: Will a 2nd Generation B12 shock fit a 1st Generation B6? If it will, are the damping rates and the spring heavier than on the B6 shock and will the rear ride height be about the same?

Red01SuziB12S
(8/19/04 12:06 am)

Yes, it will fit.
Yes, it is a stiffer shock, especially if you get one from a naked 2G B12.
No, the ride height will be a little taller.

Paul W

Hayabusa shock will not fit 1G B6
Let me re-phrase - It will not fit with the stock bandit rear cushion lever. I am waiting on a busa cushion lever to see if that will help or not since the busa one looks different from the B6 and has a rise in it.

The main problem seems to be shock lenght of the shock body. It is 13" long while the B6 is about 11.5". The rear cushion lever can be fully lowere towards the ground and the mounting holes for the shock still refuse to line up.

I am learning this the hard way. Figured I would warn others who may try this.

Anyone know what year 750/1100's will work? that may be my next option. I aint bolting the stocker on, thats for sure...

Red01SuziB12S
(8/8/04 10:13 am)
Re: Hayabusa shock will not fit 1G B6

I know theres some minor difference between the B6 & B12 rear suspension, so this may be totally moot - but the 'Busa shock has been successfully installed on a 1G B12 or two with minor alterations, do a search over at Maximum-Suzuki, and if it has fallen off their board, post over there and I'm sure someone will pipe up about it.

If you need a 'Busa suspension bellcrank, I have one you can have for the cost of shipping.

As for other options that won't skyjack the tail like a Busa shock will on a 1G, read the "Suspension" section of Fast Larry's Bandit FAQ which is chocked full of great info on all kinds of stuff, especially for the 1G bikes.
(I really needs an update to apply fully to the 2G's - but that doesn't matter to you.)

Paul W
rogue
(8/8/04 12:49 pm)
bellcrank?

Is that the part that mounts to the frame, dogbone and bottom shock mount? I was using the technical name of cushion lever  
Red01SuziB12S
(8/9/04 6:36 pm)
Re: bellcrank?

The Suzuki parts list calls the part "Lever Set, Rear" and the part number is 62600-24810. I called it a bellcrank, because in generic engineering terms, that's what it is. It's #1 in the pic below.

Paul W

Hayabusa shock opinions...
I read about how the Hayabusa shock fits the Bandit 600... Anyone running one and have any opinions?

The B6 shock is just too soft, I feel!

Thanks!
Red01SuziB12S
(7/26/04 5:27 pm)
Re: Hayabusa shock opinions...

I'm running one on my B12, but the B6 rear suspension is a bit different, especially since yours is a 1G. The Busa shock will be a LOT longer than your shock and will raise the tail quite a bit. Most likely will make the centerstand useless. The early GSXR750 shock is usually the preferred unit on a 1G.

Paul W
rogue
(7/26/04 7:16 pm)
Fender trimming required...

I did hear some fender trimming was required, correct?

Also, I wanted to do the rear jack-up, so this may work instead. The center stand came off the bike a long time ago as well, so thats not an issue.

Thanks for the reply!
Red01SuziB12S
(7/26/04 7:54 pm)
Trimming required...

Actually, IIRC, it is airbox trimming, but you've removed that, too. I'm not sure exactly how much different the B6 shock is from the B12, I think the 1G B6 shock is the same length as the B12, just sprung lighter. The B6 dogbones are different from those on the B12.

Here's some info on the B12 and 'Busa shocks:

Gen 1 B12 Shocks are 300MM (11.8") Long with a 64MM (2.5") stroke
Gen 2 B12 Shocks are 320MM (12.6") Long with a 61MM (2.4") stroke
All Hayabusa Shocks are 330MM (13.0") Long with a 72MM (2.8") stroke

I have a 'Busa shock on my 2G B12 and it raised the tail ~1 1/8", so you can see that it would make a drastic change of >3" on a 1G. Of course, you could offset this by putting in longer dogbones to bring the tail down to a more realistic level... or go with the tried and true GSXR, or aftermarket shock options.

Paul W
rogue
(7/27/04 4:35 pm)
Newer GSXR shock looks close...

The newer GSXR 600, 750 shock also looks similar to the Hayabusa shock. Maybe that will work similarly?

Rear Shock Swap on B600
I have read a bunch of posts on people doing this, but i wanted to throw this question out before I purchase anything. Which other makes and models of rear shock will fit the 99 B600, and will give it a better ride for those of us over the "average" weight?

In particular will a 2003 GSXR 600 Rear work? But a list of what is known to fit would help alot.

Thank you,
Chris
zoomyhunter
(1/28/04 9:31 pm)
Re: Rear Shock Swap on B600

Chris,
The Ohlins site lists specs for different bikes under their "Recommendations" drop down menu for motorcycles. www.aftershocks-suspension.com/pages/home.htm does modifications of GSXR shocks for bandit and SV's as well as revalving forks. Hope this helps.

Joey Nine Toes
mishadbull
(2/3/04 5:33 pm)
Re: Rear Shock Swap on B600

Hey Chris,
I have just done this on my b6 but I have a 1st gen. I would assume that it would fit but I would also assume that it would be too soft. You can see my post about this here.

mike
Chris99B600
(2/3/04 6:14 pm)
Thanks!

I will check it out  
zoomyhunter
(2/11/04 8:23 pm)
Re: Thanks!

After many problems trying to acquire an aftermarket shock, I've finally found someone who make one for the B6, at least 2nd gen. Ohlins won't import the good stuff or allow you to buy from overseas and Fox doesn't make one for B6. Therefore, I've order a Penske 8981. That or the gsx-r shocks are about your only choices. I read a great topic on this yesterday on an SV site, it was something like socalsvriders.com, I'm not sure since it was a search engine that got me there. Good luck.

Joey Nine Toes
zoomyhunter
(2/17/04 6:28 pm)
New Penske today!!!

After a really sh!@#y drive home from the base today, I was overjoyed to find my Penske shock had arrived.  What a beautiful piece of hardware! I'll give you all updates after install and test ride. I'm going to be upgrading the front fork as well, so the rear will wait until I can do both.

Joey Nine Toes
zoomyhunter
(2/17/04 11:03 pm)
Couldn't wait.

Well, after looking at the associated literature, I couldn't wait to install it. So, it's in. It was fairly easy, just had to get creative since I only removed the shock bolts and nothing else in the suspension. Only have one question: what's a normal height from the ground to any specific point on the rear subframe/ seat on a stock 2G B6? I wasn't thinking before I took the old one out. The Penske is height adjustible, and set to it's lowest setting, hence my bike is sitting lower, that or my preload is going to make a big difference. I know the preload is not high enough but I need the starting height to get preload dialed in right.

Joey Nine Toes
Red01SuziB12S
(2/17/04 11:45 pm)
Re: Couldn't wait.

Why not take it back out and make it the same length as the stocker... unless you can take the needed measurements with it still installed.

Paul W
poopooshanks
(2/18/04 8:02 pm)
Re: Couldn't wait.

I'll measure mine tonight if you want. let me know where you want me to measure to..
zoomyhunter
(2/21/04 6:37 pm)
Sweet ride!

I took the bike out yesterday for about 250 miles. Know two things for sure; first, it's hella better than the stock, and second, I'm clueless on how to properly adjust this thing. I've played with the compression dampening while out riding, from that I know I like it tight or high, seems less wallowy, though I thought the rebound dampening had more to do with that. I'm now quite sure that it is lower right now, but now that I've thought about it alittle, I'd be changing to get the right ride anyway. Now I just have to do the forks. I mounted the reservoir on the lift handle for putting it on the center stand. I have been thinking about getting rid of the center stand anyways, it'll be the first thing to touch when I get around to getting those adjustable rearsets( ) by harris.

I really don't want to remove it to measure it for height, it wasn't "hard" to install but kind of a pain, at least the way I did it. As far a measuring point goes, how about the lowest corner of the taillight while the bike is on the side stand straight down to the ground, that way I don't need anyone else.

Joey Nine Toes
poopooshanks
(2/26/04 9:51 pm)
Re: Sweet ride!

joey i dont have the stock taillight on anymore....and i just swapped my shock out too so i afraid i cant help anymore. i do however have some pretty good measurements from the swing arm to the lift handle while on the center stand if you want them....

600 Rear Shock-The saga continues...
I bought a 97 600B a few weeks ago and was not happy with the suspension, way too soft, dangerous in my book. I've installed Progressive springs in every street and race bike I've ever owned and have always been very happy. So I order springs and read through all the posting I could find about replacing the rear shock with a GSXR unit, I can't afford an aftermarket shock.
One guy (a gen2 unit I think) said he installed a 2002 GSXR 600 shock on his bike, basically a bolt in, and he loved it. I found one on ebay, $25 to my door.

(Step 1) I installed the springs, changed the oil to 15wt, set the oil level and preload at the recommended levels. The fork spring were an improvement but not like on all the other bikes I've done. Just snapping the throttle closed practically bottoms the forks, hard breaking leaves the wheel bouncing across bumps. I'm sorry but I've found better fork performance out of stock custom cruisers. I've emailed Progressive twice, no reply as of yet. I understand I could add more preload (which has limitations) but I guess I just wish the spring rates were correct to begin with. It was an improvement, but not like I expected, I guess I'll live with it.

(Step 2) I tried to install the shock today, spent 5 hours trying everything I could, it don't fit.  The bolts don't line up no matter what I do. I did a little grinding in a couple spots that seem to be limiting alignment but that didn't change anything. The 2002 GSXR shock is basically 3/4 of an inch longer and I thought that wouldn't be a problem, I was wrong. I'm using all the stock Bandit linkage. I'm hoping someone might have some suggestions on how to fix this situation. (different linkage or something) Maybe I'll save someone else some troubles on down the road. Any suggestions?  

GH
Tacoman
(9/1/04 1:39 pm)
suspension

For the forks, you have the same set-up as I do. '97 B6 with progressives and 15wt fluid. Did you follow the directions on preload spacer length? I don't remember the length off hand, but I made a spacer out of pvc to the length recommended. I'm 200 pounds plus and the forks seem firm to me. For amount of fluid I measured from the top and it used exactly 1/2 quart of fluid per leg. One bottle of bel-ray did the trick. I used a B12 shock for my B6 so I can't help with the shock issue. Good luck.
gruntporting
(9/1/04 10:29 pm)
Forks and Shocks

Yes, I did follow the directions with the oil level and preload, I cut new ones out of PVC also. Maybe I'm just use to race bike forks, but I've had Progressive springs on RD's and Katana's and thought they were great. I guess I'll try more preload soon.
I slept on the shock fit and tried again tonight. I found another spot where I had to grind the frame away to give the lower rocker arm (that's what I call it) room since the longer shock moves it down and it hit the frame. I got the shock mounted and I just found out that the dogbones are not wide enough for the shock, there is not enough room between them, the GSXR shock spring is much wider and it's binding on it. I tried some spacers on the bottom but it wasn't enough. I might try longer bolts, top and bottom, and then thicker spacers. I think it best to say at this time that the 2002 GSXR shocks (the newer ones) are not a bolt in. I'm a old bike mechanic and I don't mind figuring things out, and I'm a decent fabricator, but I would not recommend this shock for the Gen1 600B's. There are several fit problems and I only mentioned a few. The tire was also on the ground when on the center stand. I don't know about you, but I hate side stands and I would have had to then modifiy the centerstand. I'm done playing with it for now, I know in the next few days I will not have time to work on it, I'd rather ride! I'll update if I learn anything, please update if you have advise. GH
NCbandit600
(9/2/04 10:29 pm)
Re: Forks and Shocks

"I've got a GSXR shock on my 1G B6. It's around 10mm longer which stops the centerstand from getting the back wheel off the ground. I dropped my forks 10mm to quicken up the steering and now I can get the rear off the ground again.

ncbandit600
gruntporting
(9/6/04 8:52 pm)
600 G1 shock

What year GSXR shock do you have? That will help us know what fits. I know the 2002 isn't a bolt in now. Hadn't thought about pulling up the forks, I might be adding a slighly taller front tire, that might get things back to normal. Thanks for the thoughts. GH
NCbandit600
(9/6/04 9:54 pm)
Re: 600 G1 shock

Mine is from a 1991-94 GSX-R750, with the remote reservoir, as per Bandit FAQ.

ncbandit600
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 02:28:48 PM »
Here's a handy table of shock lengths and strokes:

Be sure to read the note at the bottom of the chart!

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: Shock transplant - GSX-R & Hayabusa
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »
Here's a photo "How-To" for installing the 1G Hayabusa (2007 & earlier) shock into a 2G B12 that retains the stock airbox - just click on the thumbnail:

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)