Author Topic: "HELP"Slide needle is it stock or stage 1 or 2 ???  (Read 3087 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
"HELP"Slide needle is it stock or stage 1 or 2 ???
« on: May 07, 2005, 07:01:36 PM »
I thought this thing had a jet kit in it! But air box was not opened up, had a stock canister on it. Primary mixture screw plugs were removed. I bought it with 125 miles on the odometer, they never said a word @ the dealer. I was going to shim the slide needles and found it has 6 slots for the "c" clip! It was at the very top slot (leanest rite?) from info gathered here, i can go to the 3rd from richest (which would be from the bottom) Any word would be great before i put it back together. I'm doing this to eliminate the midrange lag i have since opening up the airbox!    :beers:

6/25/05 update
Many miles since i requested help, here is the scoop so as not to cause any confusion on this touchy item. Multi slot slide needles are stock for most 1gen b12. This is my settings, no jet kit.. slide pins at 2nd groove from top, stock factory is @ 1st one (the leanest). primary adj screws all 4 carbs 2 1/2 turns out. 6ea 3/16 holes drilled on the r-side of airbox cover, where the 2" mod would go. I had 12 but had to plug up 6 to get rid of midrange bogg. any more than that rejet job needed.  snorkle removed. works for me.   :beers:

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
"HELP"Slide needle is it stock or stage 1 or 2 ???
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 07:42:20 PM »
Multiple slots in the needles in a US-spec Bandit is a sure sign of a jet kit! The US-spec stock needles are not adjustable. EU/UK and some other markets do come with adjustable needles though. I've never heard of any kit requiring to go to the lean end of center, and certainly not to the top.

With a 1G B12, you'll probably want to do the 2" hole mod to the lid before you richen the needles to 3rd up from the bottom though.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
That's what i needed Thanks
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 07:57:57 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Multiple slots in the needles in a US-spec Bandit is a sure sign of a jet kit! The US-spec stock needles are not adjustable. EU/UK and some other markets do come with adjustable needles though. I've never heard of any kit requiring to go to the lean end of center, and certainly not to the top.

With a 1G B12, you'll probably want to do the 2" hole mod to the lid before you richen the needles to 3rd up from the bottom though.
 Thats what i needed to know!  thanks You for the info! You and this site are greatly appreciated!    :beers: