Author Topic: 01 Bandit 600 - Help  (Read 3065 times)

Offline BG13

• First Post! Be Gentle!
01 Bandit 600 - Help
« on: November 11, 2005, 11:48:22 AM »
I purchased a used 01 Bandit 600 a month ago, did not receive any manuals or any instruction other than how to change oil with the purchase.
The reason I need help::  I know the bike will need maintance other than oil changes so I went to my local Suzuki Dealer yesterday and this was the conversation:     I walk in to the parts/slash sales counter,  Person behind the counter;  May I help you?  Me:  Yes . can  I order a shop manual for an 01 Bandit 600?  Person behind counter:  Has a thoughtful look on face for a few seconds and then says "IS THAT A SUZUKI?)  I had been there several times and knew the mechanic, found him and asked if he had a shop manual as I wanted to adjust the headlights and was looking for some instruction.  He goes to the microfish and looks up the front end assembly, says":  Don't believe you can there are no adjustments shown on this diagram:  I again ask if he has a shop manual and if not how do they know what specs are when tearing one down and putting it together again.  He goes back in the garage area and comes back several minutes later and says :  Look like there are two screws for adjustment but offers no other help.  

Anyway, took the fairing off and found the adjusting screws myself and made the necessary adjustments.  

When I purchased the bike I had a sneaking suspicion it had been laid down at some time and there were a couple of dents in the left side of the gas tank and a couple of scratches on the engine left side.  When I test rode the bike it runs great and I could feel no problems at speed, I did get it up to 110 during that ride and everything is smooth, no abnormal vibration or any other problems I could feel or see.    Have ridden the bike approx 600 miles since then with no problems.  Love the bike.  Bike has new tires and approximately 7600 miles on it.  Can't contact previous owner as I think the dealer I bought it from purchased it at an auction in Tenn. or N. Carolina.  

1.  Need a shop manual - Can someone help? Dont want a Clymer or Haynes.  

2.  Looking for a new or used Fairing Stay or frame ,  it looks as as if it bolts to the frame.(the piece that holds all the fairing on.) As it is bent to the right somewhat.  I will try and take it off and straighten but won't do that until the snow flies as there will still be some riding days left this year.

Thanks for letting me rant.  Have been riding since age l6 age 57 now, first sportbike, have always had cruisers or the old 70's straight seat Hondas, Kaws and Yamaha's.  Keeping the 600 will be purchasing a sportourer next year FJR1300 on order.  All my Harley buddies asked why I would want a sportbike,  My answer:  It put the F word back in motorcycling  FUN!!!  

3.  Has a clock on it, How do I set it.?

Brent  :thanks:

Offline vadim

• Board Homesteader!
01 Bandit 600 - Help
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 02:13:57 PM »
I have the same bike as you, got it at the same mileage :)  

I downloaded the shop manual here:

http://www.gofastvideo.com/gallery/album/view/483/free-racing-videos/suzuki-service-manual.html

You can download it and print it out.  I have a haynes in addition to it and find it quite useful.

If you want a bound copy, there's a guy that advertises on NY motorcycle craigslist.  See below for info:

<<
.....do YOU need a Service Manual for your SPORTBIKE/MOTORCYCLE?

*Ever work on your bike using just a cd-rom with your computer? tough huh*

$20.00 bucks for a "BOUND COPY" of the factory service manual and "CD-ROM-pdf format"

Email me for more info: mcservicemanuals@aol.com

Service manuals for the following(I have more that are not listed):
-Aprilla RS125,RS250,RSVMille
-Buell XB9R,Blast
-Honda CBR600 F2,F3,F4,F4i,RR,900,929,954,1000rr,VFR,RC51,VTR1000,1100XX,VTX
-Kawasaki Ninja 250,6R,6RR,7R,9R,10R,11R,12R
-Suzuki GSXR 600,750,1000,1100,1300 BUSA,SV600,SV1000,TL1000,RF600-900,Bandit, Katana,GS500,GSF400,DL1000
-Triumph 955Daytona, SpeedTripple
-Yamaha R6,R1,YZF600,1000,FJR1300,FZS600,VMAX,VSTAR650
this is in or around n y c

>>
'01 600s

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: 01 Bandit 600 - Help
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 07:56:12 PM »
Quote from: "BG13"
1.  Need a shop manual - Can someone help? Dont want a Clymer or Haynes.  

3.  Has a clock on it, How do I set it.?

1. You can get a free service manual right here from Bandit Alley:
Click here for the thread.

3. Push the SELECT button until the clock displays, then you can start the process by simultaneously pushing the RESET & SELECT buttons on the instrument cluster until the clock start flashing.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)