Author Topic: Clutch lever adjusting dial...  (Read 4625 times)

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
Clutch lever adjusting dial...
« on: March 02, 2006, 05:05:38 PM »
I would like to adjust my clutch lever to be a little closer to handlebars(small hands). Currently it sits at number "2" on the dial. Where do I need to turn it to get it closer? My manual just says something like "Push the clutch lever in then adjust the dial to desired distance from handlebar, make sure the dial is in the clicks where the numbers are" or something like that.

There is no scale such as 1 is the closest to 4 which is the furthest. No instructions on if it needs to be turned in a certain direction, nothing. Any body use those little dials? They seemed really stiff and I didn't want to force it, do you need to use a tool such as vice grips? I'd rather not scratch the little dials if possible. Thanks.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline ttewejnodnarb

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2006, 05:11:33 PM »
When I adjusted my brake lever I remember that I couldn't turn the dial unless I pulled the brake lever in.  Also, I could turn the dial either way.  If it is not on the number you will know because when you let the lever out it will be ridiculously (sp?) far away from the grip IIRC.  The dial, once the lever was pulled in, was not that hard to turn.  Maybe you should spray it with some pen. oil and let it set in a while.  Sorry, it's not much.
Brandon
98 B12S

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 05:18:37 PM »
I believe it's easier to adjust the knob if you push the lever AWAY from the grip.  That takes the pressure off of the flat detents of the dial.  Works for me anyway.....    :beers:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 07:58:48 PM »
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.