Author Topic: 1st Gen B12 Header Compatibility  (Read 3777 times)

Offline jra61

• Giant Squid (genus: Architeuthis)
  • TURBO TYPER!
  • Time to get Wrench'n
1st Gen B12 Header Compatibility
« on: March 19, 2012, 02:39:28 AM »
Hey Guys,

Sometime down the road I'm going to want to Ceramic Powder-Coat my headers and mid-pipe. I not sure I want to mess-up the finish of my stainless steel pipes. I've done some researching here on the Alley and on a couple other forums but I haven't found another compatible header for my 99' B12s. Do any of the GSXR's have a compatible 4 into 1 header?
B12sx - Stock, My 1st Suzuki

Offline jra61

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Time to get Wrench'n
Re: 1st Gen B12 Header Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:49 AM »
Well Guys, I've exhausted my search capabilities. It looks like when it comes to headers there's now real swapping from one model or year to another model or year. You kinda can but not without real headaches like removing the headers to change your oil filter, and rubbing the frame. :annoy:

The only way I've found to fit a different header is: :duh:
1. Buy aftermarket, they're not bad just expensive.
2. Make friends with a local exhaust shop who has a chop-saw & TIG-Welder.

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 10:06:05 AM »
To my knowledge, all model GSF1200 headers (1997-2005) are the same.

Offline jra61

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Time to get Wrench'n
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 03:47:28 PM »
 :thanks: Paul, I didn't know that many years of B12's were compatible. What I was trying to say originally is I was looking for compatible headers that weren't stainless steel, that were lighter, and I could ceramic powder-coat. I guess I could powder-coat my stainless headers and if I ever decide to go-back I could buy a set of Delkevic headers, I hear good things about them.

BTW, All them giggling titties in your signature make my laptop cpu usage spike.

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 04:57:02 PM »
:thanks: Paul, I didn't know that many years of B12's were compatible. What I was trying to say originally is I was looking for compatible headers that weren't stainless steel, that were lighter, and I could ceramic powder-coat. I guess I could powder-coat my stainless headers and if I ever decide to go-back I could buy a set of Delkevic headers, I hear good things about them.

BTW, All them giggling titties in your signature make my laptop cpu usage spike.

I've got a full Muzzy exhaust system, and am planning on painting my stainless headers black with the super duper header paint (2000 degree version)

http://www.amazon.com/Rust-Oleum-248903-Automotive-12-Ounce-Degree/dp/B003CT4AKC

I've heard people have had good luck with that product.... and it's a lot cheaper than ceramic coating, if not quite as durable.  The good thing about it in your case is if you don't like it you can get it off a lot easier than ceramic coating.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:58:39 PM by PaulVS »

Offline jra61

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Time to get Wrench'n
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 04:08:02 AM »
Hey Paul,  :thanks: Again. That stuff looks great, 5 colors, definitely in my price range.  :beers: