Author Topic: 99 Bandit 1200 acts like its not getting fuel second gear and above  (Read 9673 times)

Offline mthure

• New user!
Re: 99 Bandit 1200 acts like its not getting fuel second gear and above
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 10:15:08 PM »
From your last post it appears you have positively identified the carburetors as the problem.  One of the things that I have seen even other mechanics overlook is the air bleeds for the main jet.  Usually a small opening or tube at the bottom of the carburetor inlet.  If these air bleeds are blocked it will run so rich that it usually falls on its face when you start to open up the throttle.

Offline Bennyj

• New user!
Re: 99 Bandit 1200 acts like its not getting fuel second gear and above
« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 06:04:45 PM »
Don't know if this helps but I had a similar problem when I rebuilt my carbs on a 400, it would take off like a bat out of hell and then quickly die in the arse. The problem was in reassembling the diaphragms, I put the spacer under the needle, I know, stupid right, so it would run fine on the slow circuit, but as soon as the slides started opening the needle would stay up and i'd be running super rich, causing it to die real fast. I know your bike was running fine before the the painting, it just sounds similar to the problems I was having so thought I'd put it out there