Author Topic: ABS FLASHING LIGHT  (Read 3043 times)

Offline trotsky

• TURBO TYPER!
    • http://www.calicruisers.com
ABS FLASHING LIGHT
« on: April 08, 2005, 02:11:20 AM »
I have a 97 1200 with ABS. For some reason my ABS light has started flashing. It stays on until I reach about 25mph and then goes off. If I stop at a light or whatever it comes back on again and i have to get to ~25mph before it goes off again.

This never used to happen. It started to do it a few weks agi and I thought it was because I needed new pads. Replaced both sets since they were pretty well worn, but the ABS light is still flashing.

Any ideas what could be causing this? I know it didn't do it before...the brakes work fine...just that the flshing red light is a bit of a distraction... want to make sure nothing is on it's way out.  :sad:
'97 1200SA Black
Holeshot Stage 1
Yoshi RS3
www.calicruisers.com

Offline 99er

• Board Homesteader!
ABS FLASHING LIGHT
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2005, 03:17:25 PM »
So few of these sold that no one has a hard and fast answer. My trusty internet manual on page 316 shows a troubleshooting flow for flashing light. You have a continuity problem that is as easy as blown brake light bulb or as complex as "replace harness". I'd send you the manual but it's 34MB. It's out there on some UK Bandit site (no, I don't remember). I may be able to snapshot a few pages for you if you can't find it yourself.
Marc/Atlanta

Offline Bazza

• Board Homesteader!
ABS FLASHING LIGHT
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 04:40:53 AM »
I had a friend with a 12 cylinder jag that had a flashing "check Engine" light.

After 12 visits to the dealer they suggested removing the bulb.

:grin:

Offline 99er

• Board Homesteader!
ABS FLASHING LIGHT
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 05:27:10 PM »
yeah, the limits in the memory that trigger the light are really tight. One can drive with the light on and meet emissions all day long. Typical of a dealer not having a clue. There is probably an e-list that has the answer for his code and a list of "stealers" taht he should shy away from.
Marc