Author Topic: B6 full fairing build  (Read 14124 times)

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
Re: B6 full fairing build
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2011, 11:08:35 AM »
Greetings; Wow YOU blew thru that build in overdrive. Way to make me feel inadequate. or uninspired.  Great job.   :congrats:  sandy
Fast? yes I'm fast, like a tortoise

Offline JRK5892

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2011, 04:26:37 PM »
like a MO FO CHAMP! pouring rain, cold, strong winds... the bandit still rides

Offline JRK5892

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2011, 02:13:49 PM »
well can now say i am done with all i set out to do on the bandit! was able to finish up the floating rear fender this weekend, get the 2 tone powder on there... works awesome and is the only one of its kind!

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 06:07:34 PM »
You really rocked the build JRK;  But not knowing anythg about floating fenders, Im bit skeptical bout longevity(durability). Bike looks like someone spent a winter getting it to this point. Maybe I better look over original post date. cant get a grip on your accomplishmts.   well you will be ready to rock chicago this winter. good job.   sandy

Offline JRK5892

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2011, 11:08:28 AM »
i got a bit over 1000 miles on the biek since i added the fender. it is all welded up solid so it iwll not move, the main mount at the belt guard has duel mount points (main and then the lower bolt we made for it) this keeps it from moving. then the belt guard has a hole in it where the 3rd mount location is... does not move at all... and to be honest works awesome! keeps allthe rain and crap down off my back... she runs awesome in the cold weather. left my house today and it was 18* she ran like a rape ape all the way to the shop (45 min)

Offline JRK5892

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2011, 11:09:10 AM »
thank you for the ups by the way! got alot of great ideas from the site, to be honest i owe that to the speed i was able to build this bike. lots of great ideas/walk thoughs on here

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2011, 01:42:13 PM »
 Greetings JRK;  :congrats: on a job well done. I like the Idea of rain. and grime staying off me and scooter. but I hate cleaning bike. and riding n inclement weather. But I also respect those that are up to it.  sandy :congrats:

Offline JRK5892

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2011, 04:39:55 PM »
Well… not even 3 months after the build I am on a on ramp to get on the highway… guy cuts across 3 lanes to try and make the ramp… in doing so clips my front end, i must have over corrected after he hit me, or something... it all happend so fast... bottom line is it washes me out at 50mph… I go down and hard… he just keeps driving… and to me the worst part is… no one even got out to check if I was ok… after I got done rolling and sliding, a guy actually drove around me as I was layin on the road… people make me sick! Bike is not horrible, bag took most of the brunt, clutch cover is cracked and leaking oil everywhere, foot control is snapped… Thank god I was in my lid!

then to top it all off... after i get the bike on the trailer and back home. i get in my truck to drive in to the shop... and i get rear ended... unreal!!!!

Cracked clutch cover pouring oil

Saved my ass!

Offline Unique

• Board Homesteader!
    • unique/bandit400blog
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2011, 07:15:40 PM »
Hi JRK5892

My first thought were when i saw your pictures was that something had giving up on the bike.. till i read your post.

You say the bike not horrible..but it must still hurt after all the work you'll put in and not even 3 months on the road  AND  he just keeps driving and no one stopped... I be seeing red  :rant2:

in France trying to force all motorcyclists to wear high visibility fluorescent vests in an unfounded attempt to reduce the number of accidents on highways... what good will there do!! When other road users don’t evening bother to look in the first place.

then to get rear ended ....we all could do without days like that, but good to see you walked !.. way from it.  

Offline sandy klock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2011, 11:46:01 AM »
Greeting JRK. glad u r ok. had to reread post to make sure after looking at pics. Dont worry bout other driver. It is a full time job to teach jerks lessons.  more time than I want to invest.  Glad u r ok, had a similiar deal once. Riding in rain. two lanes each way. Im in left lane a woman pulls out from rt lane in front of me stops. to make a lt turn. I hit her my passenger and myself flew over her car landing in road.  She makes her turn and attempts to leave. but worse part. left us to all oncomming traffic. She was driving her new electra225 home from dealership. playing with radio buttons.  moral of our experience. watch out for others. they dont watch out for U.   sandy

Offline JRK5892

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2012, 12:42:16 PM »
finally got away from customer stuff and was able to start to re assemble my bike

welded back up the peg support, then coated it again

fixed the road rash in these parts and re coated them as well

got my gaskets on order... new clutch cover (will need to powder that), new bags (may go hard bags), hand guards... and going to make a exhaust for it out of a 2011 Z1000 stock muffler... and powder the header and muffler as well... should be rolling again next week if i can get some time to wrench

Offline JRK5892

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2012, 01:15:47 PM »
no more soft bags... need to slap some paint on them and some mounts... hard bags!!!
new bags for the bandit (rebuild)

Offline JRK5892

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2012, 03:34:26 PM »
got a runner again! still need to redo the pipe but least i can ride it again

shot of the freshly coated cases

Offline JRK5892

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2012, 02:42:07 PM »
well that was a nightmare... took me all day to fab up mounts and make these work... still need to be final adjusted but it got to late to finish... hard bags on a bandit!!

Offline JRK5892

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #44 on: May 02, 2012, 12:38:55 PM »
would blow your mind how much stuff i was able to load into them and bring to the shop... got pissed on yesterday while riding and inside the bags where dry as a bone!!!