Author Topic: Bandit 1216cc Big Bore Piston Kit  (Read 20989 times)

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
Bandit 1216cc Big Bore Piston Kit
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 01:33:22 AM »
I went the simpler route. After reading about all the spacers ect needed for brakes/wheels ect. i opted to mount the complete front end. Everything. clipons/forks/brakes/wheel everything is busa. That saves ALL the hassles of fitment. The only two things i had to do was fab a steering stem spacer (Very small, but needed as the Busa one is smaller) and i mounted the forks as far down in the triple as i safely could to offset the difference in fork length.  Sorry mang i no nothing about changing bearings or brakes and whatnot as i opted to swap the whole thing. Got the whole front end for 500 so i said what the heck.  :beers:
Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

Offline gdavis2265

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 09:38:04 AM »
Thanks,

I thought that the bandit stem wast longer than the busa?

How did you manage to use the shorter stem?

Yea, I might end up buying myself a nice SRAD, TL or busa wheel with rotors.

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2006, 11:51:55 AM »
I dont think it was a problem. Other than the spacer, it bolted right up. Through wheelies and everything its held up like a charm. Im trying to figure out if you can powdercoat fork tubes and put them back on without the extra thickness causing them to get all scratched up. My bandit is being torn down literally to nuts and bolts next week and wont be back together until march. But when its done.... :banana:  :motorsmile:  I hear the Busa shock bolts right in but raises the rear 1 inch. Thats no good for me since the front is currently a little lower than stock. Do GSXR1k shocks bolt in and maintain ride height?

Offline gdavis2265

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2006, 12:42:02 PM »
I did the Busa rear shock thing, It bolted stright in (did cut the airbox tab to clear res.)
It did raise the rear about an inch (my centerstand needs a board under it for the tire to spin) but honestly, I think the ride height is about the same.  Still feels the same with both feet on the ground.  If it became a problem, I thought I might lower it a bit with the dog bones.

cheers

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2006, 12:51:32 PM »
Hmmm....If i can just get dogbones to lower it to normal i might have to look into a busa rear shock. Im completely replacing the seals/fluid in my busa forks and i figure i might as well do the whole suspension. I don't think airbox clearance should be an issue since im removing mine for pod filters  :grin:  :thanks:

Offline gdavis2265

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2006, 01:35:24 PM »
There must be something different between our Busa forks.  I just measured the stem on the busa, It is one inch shorter than the Bandit stem, in fact if you slide the busa trees/stem into the Bandit frame' it dosen't even go through all the way.  Any ideas if your complete front end is not stock and/or its off something other than the GSXR13?

Thanks

BTW, Appologies for re-hijacking this thread, I know it was originally the 1216cc topic (Still have plans for that too  :grin: )

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »
It is at the mechanics right now so i cant look at it at the moment. But they are full stock. Triples have the Hayabusa emblem and everything. Other than the fact that they are WAY low in the triples to compensate the ride height they went right on. My front end is an 'o2. would that make a difference? I have all next week off and plan on helping with the teardown of my bike. Ill give it a really good look and get back to you. Merry Christmas all! :beers:

Offline gdavis2265

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2006, 07:03:12 PM »
Thanks B.O.D,
I love these forums, there are so helpful.  Just got my stock front end out of the bike as we speak.  Crossing my fingers these will just pop in.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Later

Offline Banditofdoom

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2006, 09:35:34 PM »
I hear that! I surfed these very forums before i did my conversion  :motorsmile: