Author Topic: Bike was running horribly (am I getting fleeced?)  (Read 6610 times)

Offline Blade

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.billsbikesnservice.com
Bike was running horribly (am I getting fleeced?)
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2007, 10:07:51 PM »
Quote from: "drewpy_dawg"
plugs, valves, chain clean and adjust and a few other things for that labor charge as well.  It rides so well and is dialed in 100% that sending the carbs out and getting them back then still possibly having to tweak them doesn't sound all that perfect of an option.  
(they also tweaked the pre-load front and rear based on my weight...easy enough to do but a nice detail)

Did not go back and check, but I don't think all that work as mentioned before. Also be careful, I have had guys bring me there Bandits that they have just gotton back from the dealer for valve adjustment and other work, only to find that the work that stated was done actually was not done. So I hope you do have an good and honest dealer.

Offline drewpy_dawg

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Bike was running horribly (am I getting fleeced?)
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2007, 10:09:23 PM »
It was a local independent bike shop highly recommended to me by members of the local v-max owners association and I had 2 or 3 all recommend this place.  Their rep. in town comes from their knowledge, expertise and honesty and wouldn't get the business they do if they shafted people.
2002 Bandit 1200s - Blue - Holeshot exhaust, pod filters and dynojet stage 3 jet kit and carbon fiber look accessories.  
2006 Hyosung Avitar GV-650 (wife's bike) -Silver- bone stock (and pretty darn fun to ride)