Author Topic: Carb Tuning on B7.5  (Read 2520 times)

Offline Vee Dub Nut

• Board Homesteader!
Carb Tuning on B7.5
« on: June 16, 2005, 11:53:03 AM »
Ok, i just got done swaping the 750 motor in my B6.. Everything has been running great. The first few days i drove it, the idle would always surge telling me I needed to open up the AF screws to allow more fuel at idle. This fixed the problem but created a new one. Now after the engine gets really warmed up, i have a hesitation/bog trying to accelerate off of idle. If i go really slow, it doesnt do it... it seems to hang up around 1500 to 2000 rpms under acceleration only... any suggestions? Keep in mind that Im in texas and it has been in the high 90's... probley about 99 today... the problem is the worst after i sit and idle at at stop light for a while...

I have an idea...

I know that i need more fuel up top, as the engine seems to loose some of its gusto around 8k rpm...

I think if i go up another step or two (im currently at 105... i think i will try 110) on the mains, that should allow me to lean out the AF screws again and hopefully loose the off idle bog...

The needles seem to be in the correct height, cause power from 4-6k is very good...

Should I open up my airbox? So far i have done nothing to it... snorkle and all is still intact...
Adam in College Station Texas

1996 Bandit 750s - SOLD!
1998 Bandit 1200s - SOLD!
2000 VW GTi GLX
1967 VW Beetle* slight modifictations