Author Topic: valve adjust  (Read 3772 times)

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
valve adjust
« on: June 02, 2005, 10:56:30 PM »
well i`m going to dig in and adjust my valves . i`ve got the manual but does anyone have any advise ... not covered in the manual of thing`s to watch out for . thank`s, Mark
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors

Offline ray nielsen

• Board Homesteader!
valve adjust
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 11:16:19 PM »
Yup!   Be sure to make sure ALL of the rubber gaskets are in place and attached to the cylinder head cover before reassembling.  I used some High-Tack an adhesive, quick drying gasket cement to secure the four gaskets that fit around the spark plug openings.  Did that after one fell off and down the camchain tunnel.  Luckily I did a peek under the cover before tightening and discovered the missing gasket before putting it all together.

It was a bitch to fish the gasket out from the camchain area -- did it with a claw type grabber, a small mirror and after much swearing and hair pulling, and help from a neighbor with better eyesight.

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
valve adjust
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 01:10:04 AM »
When removing the VC... mke sure these don't fall down into the engine.  There are two of them (one in front and one in back).

My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline snofrog

• Board Homesteader!
valve adjust
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2005, 08:41:17 PM »
fwiw everything went well except for the above mentioned gaskets around the sparkplugs .i tore it when part was stuck to the head and part to the vc  . over all it was a lot easyer than i thought it would be and i got to do a carb sync at the same time . :thanks: for the input guy`s. M
oo b12 s
thank`s Ivan
z/g smoke sr
yosh ss can
crg bar end mirrors

Offline land_shark

• Board Homesteader!
valve adjust
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 06:19:20 PM »
Torque wrench....can I git uh "AMEN!"
Jason
2000 B12 "Hiro"
2001 KLR650 "Putt-putt"
2005-ish 47cc Cagllari "Balzac"

Offline B6Matt

• Board Homesteader!
valve adjust
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 02:55:59 PM »
When removing the VC... mke sure these don't fall down into the engine. There are two of them (one in front and one in back).
 My mechanic dropped something (nut or bolt) down one of the oil galleys when he was adjusting my valves.  He ended up having to drop the pan. :duh:
'01 Bandit 600s in Blue (sold)
'02 Yamaha FZ1
'01 Suzuki DRZ 400e