Author Topic: Lost link to service manual?  (Read 2854 times)

Offline KCBandit

• New user!
Lost link to service manual?
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:28:00 PM »
Hey Banditos,

A couple of years ago I ran across a link to a Bandit service/manual that was posted by a individual (not a commercial publication). It was very clearly written w/pics and was an excellent reference for a not-so-expert wrencher like me. It was one continuous collection of service topics with an index. I'm pretty sure I found the link on this site but now I can't find it.

I, like alot of folks on this forum, have to pull my carbs for cleaning and remember this collection of maintenance topics has a great section on carbs.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Or better, was someone smarter than me and saved the link?

Thanks from a newbie member,

KCBandit

Offline Asphalt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 08:52:16 PM »
I Have the manual....All it is is the Haynes manual. I don't have the link but if you PM your Email address I will sent it to you. Plus anyone else who wants it.

I am also in the process of scanning the clymer Manual in as well, it is a good companion..
2006 Hayabusa....AKA (Bandit on Steriods)

Offline KCBandit

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 10:08:37 PM »
Asphalt, I really appreciate your offer of emailing the Haynes manual. I have the '95 to '97 edition for my '98 1200 (I am assuming nothing significant has changed) so I am not sure the later edition is necessary.

When I first saw the maintenance material I had the impression it wasn't from the Haynes or Clymers manual. So maybe I am back where I started. Regardless, your willingness to help a fellow Bandit fan is very cool. Thanks.

Offline Asphalt

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2006, 03:32:09 PM »
Here is a link to a TON of manuals....It is where I get mine from.  Granted you are only allowed so many downloads, but I think ALL the bandit manuals are covered in here.

http://www.repairmanualclub.com/
2006 Hayabusa....AKA (Bandit on Steriods)

Offline KCBandit

• New user!
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2006, 11:20:33 PM »
Thanks, I'll check it out. Even if I don't find the one I was originally looking for I should be able to get the info I need to tackle the carb maintenance with confidence.