Author Topic: Jet kit Problems? Yes or No  (Read 56620 times)

Offline captnhooks

• Captn Hook's Paint & Rescue LLC
  • TURBO TYPER!
  • Surrender Your booty!!
    • CaptnHooksPaintandRescue
Re: Jet kit Problems? Yes or No
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2015, 11:23:58 AM »
Well im still playing games with the 2000 B12. I have completely changed the mains to 150 and pilots to 35 and just ordered another set at 32.5 pilots. Pulls hard after 4k but the bottom end is nasty!! I Called Dale told him what it was doing and he told me what is needed, so I found everything separately for under $40 thats needles mains and pilots....

btw Im selling the kit I bought for $90 for $75 includes 105-135 mains and 37.5"bleed" pilots and the shims.

I am starting to get the hang of this tuning BS so I guess at the very least Ill come out with that!! LOL
Keep the sticky side Down and the Shinny side up!! STAY SAFE!!!
2000 B12 with a CHPR paint job

Offline China Greg

• Board Homesteader!
  • Tighten it 'til it Loosens then back-off 1/4 turn
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2015, 02:05:17 PM »
Once again, I played around for a long time with different kits and Mains and it rand crappy SOMEHWERE until I finally came back to the base:
Ivan needles
STOCK Mains
STOCK pilots
(21) half-inch holes in back of airbox
13mm float level
fuel screws about 3-1/2 turns out (varies)
STOCK air filter
 If you can get ACROSS THE BOARD, crisp power with any other set-up... I'd sure like to know!
..but i doubt it.
Black '98 B12S, JE 1216cc bore kit, port work, Yosh RS3, Ivan jetting, drag bars, modified Corbin Gunfighter, Hyperpro shock, Racetech Gold valve kit, stainless lines, Wave rotors, polished wheels, fender eliminator, bar-end mirrors, NEP throttle lock, Adaptiv TPX radar detector...140K miles

Offline Cincykz

• Board Regular!
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2020, 09:54:27 AM »
Poll closed, but figured I'd give Dale a shout-out. Holeshot stage 1 with advancer, followed instructions to a T. Install took me about 6 hours taking my time, no issues at all. I have been into quite a few sets of carbs though.

During the install, located a pinched #4 diaphragm, which probably caused the soft top end I was trying to fix.

I've owned 11 bikes, including some very fast bikes (170hp +), and I will say that the Holeshot stage 1 kit really woke my bandit up. I'm guessing that I was down power from stock, but the bike now runs like an animal. Plenty of power for street riding. I also have a Yosh can, fully packed with insulation, and run the quiet core insert.

The Holeshot stage 1 is a good product. Jetting spot on the first try, and big gains. Stock drivability. The rare modification that I don't wonder if it actually does anything.
2002 B1200s