Author Topic: ha-LOOOOO, anybody out there??  (Read 717 times)

Offline China Greg

• Board Homesteader!
  • Tighten it 'til it Loosens then back-off 1/4 turn
ha-LOOOOO, anybody out there??
« on: January 26, 2017, 03:39:39 PM »
China Greg checking in here... anyone actually own a B12 anymore?
or...

AM I ALL ALONE ?????   :crybaby:
Black '98 B12S, JE 1216cc bore kit, light port work, Yosh RS3, Ivan jetting, drag bars, Corbin Gunfighter, Progressive shock, Racetech front end, stainless lines, Wave rotors, six-piston calipers, polished wheels, fender eliminator, bar-end mirrors, smoked shield, NEP throttle lock...110,000 miles as of late 2014.. two complete tear-downs. Fresh as a Daisy.

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: ha-LOOOOO, anybody out there??
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 10:16:45 PM »
Still got mine - although it stays on the battery tender way more than it deserves to.  :banghead:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline China Greg

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:33:05 AM »
Wow... sparse pickin's around these parts. Too bad... I've still got my B12 going strong, with 130K miles...carefully & fully modded to suit my taste to perfection!!
Would love to have some tech discussions.... if there's actually any B12 owners left!

Black '98 B12S, JE 1216cc bore kit, light port work, Yosh RS3, Ivan jetting, drag bars, Corbin Gunfighter, Progressive shock, Racetech front end, stainless lines, Wave rotors, six-piston calipers, polished wheels, fender eliminator, bar-end mirrors, smoked shield, NEP throttle lock...110,000 miles as of late 2014.. two complete tear-downs. Fresh as a Daisy.

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2017, 06:04:45 PM »
I recently picked up a 2000 Bandit S with just over 4300 miles on it. Looks like you have a Corbin seat. Are those still available for these bikes?

Offline China Greg

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2017, 06:54:52 PM »
Well, Congrats, Vid! That's a LOW mileage B12! What kind of shape is it in? I bought my B12 with only 1800 miles on it...but it had been sitting for a couple of years and the fuel system was mildly clogged.

Corbin seats... yes, they are still are available; I just checked the website. I bought mine ... shoot, I guess ten years ago now...it might actually have been a FleaBay purchase...

I really enjoy my Corbin BUT: the factory builds-in a little "snout" on the front of the seat, that sort of hugs the back of the gas tank...it rises a little in front. This thing KICKED ME IN THE NUTS sooo many times that I couldn't take it anymore. One day I pulled the staples out of the pan in the front of the seat, peeled-back the cover, and HACK-SAWED OFF THE SNOUT. Then I carefully pulled the cover forward again and stapled it back on with a heavy staple gun. ONE HUNDRED PERCENT BETTER.
Eventually I brought it to a car seat upholstery guy, and had him mod the front carefully to my specs... thickness and shape.. Now it's GREAT. The best part of it is that it's FLAT right up to the tank... you're not being jammed in the Slats... wide and flat, I can sit on it all day (it's seen cross-country trips), and it even works wonderfully on trackdays.

With the "snout" in place, you may or may not have any issue.
Maybe it's just me being picky... or maybe my Man Goods are monumental...

Number One, I expect..

Offline Vidrazor

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2017, 12:53:42 AM »
The bike is in great shape. The guy I got it from was the second owner, had 5 bikes including the Bandit, all spotless and immaculate. He had work done on it, replaced all lines, breaks, clutch, fuel, with steel braided, ones. Carbs rebuilt once, I just rebuilt them again. Everything on the bike is clean.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 12:55:34 AM by Vidrazor »

Facebook

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2017, 07:49:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent