Author Topic: Jet Kit Instructions  (Read 9624 times)

Offline CanaBandit

• Board Regular!
Jet Kit Instructions
« on: September 25, 2015, 12:16:41 PM »
I know the whole Jet Kit topic has been covered to death but please read on.

I have a stock 2005 B12.  Had it for about a month so far and I love it.  I've noticed some slight drivablity issues that I think would be cleared up with a jet kit.

So, that's where I am.  It seems the best options are Dale's, Ivan's or Factory Pro from what I've gathered.  I think I'm going to try the Factory Pro route. 

I want to do the install myself and am wondering how the instructions are?  I am fairly competent mechanically but I've never done something like this.  Is it doable with the instructions that come with the kit?  I can't find a link to them.  Do they give you a good starting point as far as needle height or size?  I'm not sure even what the kit comes with exacly.

Any insider information would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

Offline CanaBandit

• Board Regular!
Re: Jet Kit Instructions
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2015, 03:10:09 PM »
I just spoke with the rep at Factory Pro to find out exactly what the kit somes with.  He mentioned three sets of main jets and that they are leaner than the stock main jets.  This surprised me as I had always heard the B12 was very lean.  He said they are lean down low, but very rich up top so they supply larger pilot jets and needle jets and smaller (more lean) main jets.

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Jet Kit Instructions
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 11:34:01 AM »
P/M sent.......
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!