Author Topic: Jet kit Problems? Yes or No  (Read 56608 times)

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Jet kit Problems? Yes or No
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 10:23:27 PM »
I did some pretty extensive research before buying my jet kit... and here's the order of preference for 2nd Gen 1200 Bandit 'stage one' jet kits as far as being the easiest "plug n' play" (in my opinion)

1:  Ivan's
1a: Factory Pro
2:  Holeshot
Dead Last:  Dynojet.

Offline Rocketjock

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2007, 01:24:42 PM »
Well, I'm still playing with my Ivan's stage 1. It's just that first 1 to 3000 rpm is not perfect. IMHO I thinks the kit should have had a pilot upgrade in it. Just not quite enough fuel getting out of there with the air mod. I've got 17.5s coming in to replace the stock 15s. Should do the trick.
06 B12
Lovin my Bandit
07 KLR.
Too much fun!

Offline Banditmax

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2007, 04:15:02 PM »
Ive got a factory Pro ti kit in my 400 bandit went in easily and came with good instructions. Not perfect settings for UK bikes but other than that very good.

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Jet kit Problems? Yes or No
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2008, 05:02:06 AM »
Not that it has anything to do with bandits but I just did the stage 3 conversion on the project REX, and my dyno man, come race team Mechanic, and racer, he stated that factory Pro and their kits, was great, for power gains, and their reccomendations on set up were spot every time. And with project REX, first set was spot on.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline Buzter

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2008, 11:30:39 PM »
I've had the holeshot kit for my 2g b600.  It always had a little hiccup in the lower range even when I adjust needle height and mixture screws.  About a year ago I chopped 6" off my D&D pipe and haven't had much problems since.  I don't exactly what the deal is but, I'm not complaining.  I remember washing my bike last summer and wearing one of those little harley style helmets to ride to the end of the street just to dry the bike off.  It's the first time I heard the pipe with no helmet to muffle the sound of the pipe.  Holy Cow is that thing excruciatingly loud. It's a trade off I guess.

Offline Vassago

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2008, 08:42:11 AM »
I had a stage 1 holeshot on my Bandit before my engine mods and it was spot on as per instructions.

Now i have a stage II and it's been a pain in the butt.  2 of my carbs are erratic and stumble.  gotta tear em down and see what's the deal.  one thing though, Dale is always ready to help over da phone.

He's a cool dude and honest as they come.

Don't even touch dynojet shiite!  been there done that and ain't going back!
Marc-Andre
La Plaine, Quebec

2005 Bandit 1200S Black-Gixxer 1100 cams-headPorting-Yosh RS-1 - Holeshot Stage 2 jet kit-Timing advancer-Puig smoke Double bubble - Blackout special-Pyramid belly Pan-Busa Shock

best 1/4 mile time 11.01 sec @ 126.123 m

Offline slow coach

• Board Regular!
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2008, 07:48:11 PM »
anybody got a fax no for ivans ? i have tried to raise him on the fax no i have,but nobody home.any suggestions?    thanks jw

Offline gyrogearcrunch

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2009, 01:14:19 AM »
I installed a Holeshot Stage 1 kit on my 02 1200.  Dale's instructions were clear and easy to follow.  His base settings worked great first try.  Performance and gas mileage were improved.  Dale is only an e-mail away and he answers questions completely and promptly.  He has done his homework and it shows.  His customer service is second to none.

It takes the mind of a good technical writer to come up with a set of instructions that are complete and functional. Kudos to Holeshot on that score.

Commercial setup instructions do not have to face the scrutiny of government verification unless they are written to ATA-100 specs (commercial aircraft), yet motorcycle jockeys face the same sort of certain death faced by airline passengers when something goes seriously wrong due to bad maintenance/installation/reassembly caused by poor instructions.

Referring all maintenance operations to your friendly local motorcycle stealer is at best self-serving and stupidly gratuitious when the mechanics at a dealer have to rely on inadequate manuals or the sketchy instructions provided by SOME aftermarket suppliers.
The Devil is ALWAYS in the details.

Take care

Offline coolguycentral

• New user!
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 01:47:01 PM »
I purchased a Dynojet stage 1 kit for my B12, the guy i spoke to for support didn't know any more than the piece of paper they sent with the instructions on it. The only thing I have using from the kit right now are the fuel needles and clips, and as tuning progresses they will be obsolete also.  :rant2:
Bottom line: Dynojet jet kit problems, Yes!
I sure wish I called Dale :duh:
2002 B12S

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 11:29:08 PM »

Most will tell you that Dale is a great guy!.. I am one of the few that found him condescending and impatient. His kits are ok, better than most, but about on par with Ivans. Best bet if you really want a kit?... buy the kit, and get it installed by a pro. Just my 2 cents.
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline wizzobeer

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2009, 01:47:20 AM »

Most will tell you that Dale is a great guy!.. I am one of the few that found him condescending and impatient. His kits are ok, better than most, but about on par with Ivans. Best bet if you really want a kit?... buy the kit, and get it installed by a pro. Just my 2 cents.

Both my buddy and I have a stage one, Dynojet and Holeshot. Both tuned professionally with similar results. It is all about the pros on this one as both of us did our own at first and could not get it just right.

Offline zortan

• Board Regular!
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 03:02:58 PM »
Hi guys, i write from italy, two years ago i install in my B12 2003 a stage 2 holeshot with all nedeed extra parts (timing advancer, full flow hexaust etc..)

I found a very very good setup for the main jet and the needle, and the bike works very good.
But under 2000 rpm the bike "miss" a bit, and i get absolutely no substantial difference screwing or unscrewing the pilot screw.
From 3 to 4,5 turns nothing really changes. if i use the bike for a sunday "road fast driving" i do not care, but now i use the bike every day for go to work and driving in the city is a little annoiyng with this problem.
The main jet is the biggest one that comes with the kit (i think 147,5 if i remember good) and the peak power is excellent.
The pilot jet is the 17,5 instead the stock (15) like suggested (because of i live under 3000Ft of elevations)

How can i do for understand whats going on ? I exclude problems like dirty carbs or mounting errors.

I can try to mount the stock pilot jet but i'm afraid because of they may "broke" my settings at middle rpm, i'm tired to remove the fuel tank...

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2011, 07:20:20 AM »
 I had no problems, not the 1st,2nd,3rd,4th (getting good at it by then)or 5th time. 1st set up, I ran out of gas in 60 miles!
 Make sure you take notes,you might have to make some changes to fine tune it,and you won't want to go backwards.
  I dropped my mains to 147.5s(from 150s)32.5 pilots(I think,its been awhile) 1 notch up from full lean with Dales needles, and 2 3/4 turns out on the A/F screws.
  What I didn't understand is why do you go down on the pilots,while going up in the mains?

Offline zortan

• Board Regular!
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2011, 08:27:57 AM »
32,5 pilot jet ? sure ? pilot jet that come with the kit is #17,5 or the stock #15, i dont remember my needle settings , i only remember that needle settongs were really critical and changing only half notch up or down will change a lot the engine response.

Now, my problem is little and only at very low rpm and very little throttle open. I think that i will install a lambda.. because of i'm tired to remove the fuel tank for tune the carbs, removing fuel tank is terribly annoying in the B12.

PS: i talk about a 2003 bandit, the pre 2000 is different.

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2011, 06:36:03 AM »
32,5 pilot jet ? sure ? pilot jet that come with the kit is #17,5 or the stock #15, i dont remember my needle settings , i only remember that needle settongs were really critical and changing only half notch up or down will change a lot the engine response.

Now, my problem is little and only at very low rpm and very little throttle open. I think that i will install a lambda.. because of i'm tired to remove the fuel tank for tune the carbs, removing fuel tank is terribly annoying in the B12.

PS: i talk about a 2003 bandit, the pre 2000 is different.
  Mine is a 98,the carbs are different on the 1st generation.
  1/2 notch on the needles makes a big difference on your gas milage.