Author Topic: Oil light flashed, now leaking slightly '07 1250 Bandit  (Read 2982 times)

Offline NJDave

• New user!
Oil light flashed, now leaking slightly '07 1250 Bandit
« on: July 13, 2009, 01:56:49 PM »

Riding home from work the other night, I had the oli light flicker on and off after goosing the throttle a little, (not a real high rev, like around 7,000 or so). When I pulled up to a stop, it stayed on without shutting off. I drove another 400 yards or so to a gas station, shut it off and put it up on the center stand. There was plenty of oil in the sight glass. I cracked open the filler cap, and it let out a bunch of hot air and a mist of oil. I let the bike sit, and after 3 minutes started it back up. the light didn't come back on for the rest of the ride home. Yesterday, I went to wash her and noticed I'm leaking oil from the left side of the engine. I currently have the Holeshot stage 1 kit and exhaust mods. Anybody have a clue what could have caused this? I currently have 2400 miles on it, and the oil level was fine the last time I checked it before this occured.
Thanks in advance!

Offline Smoky14

• New user!
Re: Oil light flashed, now leaking slightly '07 1250 Bandit
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 01:23:39 PM »
What oil filter are you running? I'll comment from there.
Smoky

Offline NJDave

• New user!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 02:32:09 PM »

So get ready to laugh... As it turns out, upon closer inspection, my dumb @ss managed to plug the pcv valve hose at the airbox, instead of the PAIR hoses. Even after looking at the diections about 20 times... I pulled the plug out of the pvc hose, let it run for about 5 minutes and didn't find anymore drips. took the bike to work oday, no issues, and just checked for oil drips and all seems well.
 I'm just hoping I didn't do any permanent damge to the motor.

Offline Jester

• Kevin McCann
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Me and my GSF1250S ABS K7
    • Jester Online
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2009, 12:44:10 PM »
Well its good to know it was a simple fix and things are working fine now.
2007 Suzuki Bandit GSF1250S ABS
"Keep the rubber side down!"