Author Topic: new problem  (Read 7944 times)

Offline chupacabra

• Board Homesteader!
new problem
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2007, 05:59:13 AM »
Stock for my 96 B6 is 17mm plus or minus 1mm. I'm interested to know what other b6 tuners are setting floats at.
Dave . . . San Diego, California
1996 GSF600S Marble Italian Red
I bought new in sept of 95
D.I.D. 530ZVM gold x-ring chain
Pirelli Diablo 120/60F & Strada 160/60R
Progressive fork springs
H.S. HD rear axle nut & washer
Hole Shot 17" comp1 can

Offline bnrboy775

• Board Homesteader!
new problem
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2007, 02:37:47 AM »
well i believe i am going to take my bike to a shop tomorrow... right now im working so much that i dont have time to work on it... ill let you guys know what ended up being wrong with it..

Offline bnrboy775

• Board Homesteader!
new problem
« Reply #32 on: May 09, 2007, 12:11:37 AM »
welp... i got a call from the shop today... and it turns out the only thing that was wrong with it was the carbs needed cleaned out.. and i guess from what he said the PO must have messed up the a/f screws or someone did and put them back in wrong... i dunno.. something about the o ring and spring being backwards from what they should have been... he also mentioned that the bike seemed to still be fairly cold blooded.. at least below 5000 rpms until it warmed up... i thought that the jet kit was supposed to take care of that... i dunno personally as i'm having to make payments on the cost to fix it cause it was really expensive... maybe he's just used to his harley... what do you guys think?