Author Topic: Omg Wtf did i do!  (Read 8775 times)

Offline 31337figher

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Elite FIgher
    • Connollysworld
Omg Wtf did i do!
« on: December 13, 2008, 08:41:58 PM »
So i removed the factory air box and installed some K$N Pod Filters this afternoon. Im sure i reconected all my vacume lines correctly, i think... Well she looks Great and Idles clean but Wont Run Past 8th throttle WTF did i do Wrong? I did not install a jet kit i figured i could get away with out doing it for a little wile am i wrong? will my b12 not run at all with out the jet kit?? HELP ME PLEASE!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 10:07:24 PM by 31337figher »
Fight Or Die...

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Omg Wtf did i do!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2008, 09:19:31 PM »
Probably something else wrong... but putting on pod filters without a jet kit is... frankly... not too bright.

The engine is already too lean, you just made it a lot worse.

Offline 31337figher

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Elite FIgher
    • Connollysworld
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2008, 10:16:43 PM »
K got my DynoJet Kit on the way. :duh:
Fight Or Die...

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2008, 11:33:27 PM »
but putting on pod filters without a jet kit is... frankly... not too bright.

Was it necessary to insult the guy?  Jeezz
My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline terrebandit

• Board Homesteader!
    • Daves Bandit Group
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 02:04:25 AM »
Sorry... I don't remember picking on you before but it doesn't surprise me if I did, given your comments above.  You basically called the guy stupid (not so bright), so I decided to call you out.  Would you like someone to call you stupid?

My Bandit(s) -click here  >={{{*>
2000 B12S "Good Ole Bob"
____ o7o____o7o ___Ride Safe!

Offline Cruisecontrol

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 03:35:15 AM »
Damn, if you think that was an insult, you definitely need to get out more...
It wasn't a smart move and Paul simply said so. Lighten up.

And 31337fighter, if you want some real insults (and a lot of great ideas) come visit us at www.streetfighters.com.au   :grin:

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 11:02:01 AM »
So i removed the factory air box and installed some K$N Pod Filters this afternoon. Im sure i reconected all my vacume lines correctly, i think... Well she looks Great and Idles clean but Wont Run Past 8th throttle WTF did i do Wrong? I did not install a jet kit i figured i could get away with out doing it for a little wile am i wrong? will my b12 not run at all with out the jet kit?? HELP ME PLEASE!
[/quote
  The motor is starving for fuel. Do you know what size main to put in now when your kit arrives? What generation Bandit? There should be enough folks here in the forum that has made the same changes (any other changes, like exhaust?)on the same generation to give you a starting point. Then I would run it and check the plug to see how it looks.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »
K got my DynoJet Kit on the way. :duh:

Hope that works out for you... the DJ is is the least popular and seems to be the most difficult to tune right.  The Holeshot, Ivans & Factory Pro kits have better customer satisfaction - and support, should you need it.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline 31337figher

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Elite FIgher
    • Connollysworld
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2008, 05:20:06 PM »
2g Bandit Not sure Witch jet to go with just yet hopefully i get more helpfull advice like yours and Not as much criticism as some other posters have given me...Paul.... But alas i was so worried about being able to ride to work on tues i overnighted  the DJ kit and hopefully i can get it road worthy by then
Fight Or Die...

Offline H2RICK

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2008, 07:00:41 PM »
You basically called the guy stupid (not so bright), so I decided to call you out.  Would you like someone to call you stupid?

Sorry, but I don't agree with your assessment of PaulVS's post. What Paul did was point out that the IDEA of installing the pod filters was "not too bright". Smart people have "not too bright" ideas all the time. History is full of important ideas/decisions that were made by smart people that, thought through thoroughly, would have been binned before they were implemented. The pod filters thing is another example of too much enthusiasm and not enough experience. Happens every day.
My .02...
Ignorance is curable. Stupidity is terminal.
2006 B12S (my new LD road ride)
1976 Suzuki GT550A Mint/Stock w/5K original miles
1978 Kawasaki KZ650C2 Mint/Stock w/2K original miles
1973 Kawi H2A Semi-hot rod
Various other projects in the wings

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2008, 09:33:10 PM »

You basically called the guy stupid (not so bright), so I decided to call you out.  Would you like someone to call you stupid?

Sorry, but I don't agree with your assessment of PaulVS's post. What Paul did was point out that the IDEA of installing the pod filters was "not too bright". Smart people have "not too bright" ideas all the time. History is full of important ideas/decisions that were made by smart people that, thought through thoroughly, would have been binned before they were implemented. The pod filters thing is another example of too much enthusiasm and not enough experience. Happens every day.
My .02...

Thanks guys.  It certainly wasn't meant as an insult....  Lord knows I'm in the Gold-Medalist category of A-Lifetime-Worth-Of-Not-So-Bright-Ideas.   :grin:

I'm also with Red... the Dynojet kit isn't the best way to go with Pod filters.  As he stated... the Holeshot Stage 2 and Factory Pro Stage 2 are specifically designed for pods.

Offline Cruisecontrol

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2008, 10:16:11 PM »
2g Bandit Not sure Witch jet to go with just yet hopefully i get more helpfull advice like yours and Not as much criticism as some other posters have given me...Paul.... But alas i was so worried about being able to ride to work on tues i overnighted  the DJ kit and hopefully i can get it road worthy by then

I am running pods and a Dynojet stage 3 kit on my '03 B12. Installed it all myself with zero experience beforehand and just simply followed the instructions. Runs like a champ and I have nothing but praise for the DJ kits.

Offline B6mick

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2008, 06:11:08 PM »

And 31337fighter, if you want some real insults (and a lot of great ideas) come visit us at www.streetfighters.com.au   :grin:

:thumb: well put Daniel.
"Let the insults begin",,,, sorry that is, "let the madness", arhhh :duh: you know what I mean.
Foot loose and fancy free.
Looking for adventure and what ever comes our way.

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2008, 07:22:37 PM »
Hey all you bandit folks! just dropped in to see what was doing! but snagged on this!! You know I bet the older/wiser, been there and done that folks get tired of pullin shoot from the hip greenies out of the fire! What if the man just said it ain't worth his time and said nothing? If the bike I C with the open pipe! is your B12? Your lucky it runs at all! or hasn't toasted pistons or valves.  :beers:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 07:26:34 PM by Daytona »

Offline 31337figher

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Elite FIgher
    • Connollysworld
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2008, 08:45:32 PM »
lol its an open pipe illusion i have 2 separate baffles built into the short pipe :)
Fight Or Die...