Author Topic: Omg Wtf did i do!  (Read 8779 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Re: Omg Wtf did i do!
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2008, 09:05:21 PM »
Ok if it runs ok! works for me! 

Offline 31337figher

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Elite FIgher
    • Connollysworld
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2008, 09:39:33 PM »
well i have only got a few things to say about the DJ kit. first the kit actually is designed for the K&N filters says so on the front of the box :). my big fos with the DJ kit are that the pix they send you are Black copies and you cant see shiza for instructions, but there website was more than helpfull. the kit dropped right in synced right up and slapped my chest on the first pull after warm up you can definitely feel a 15-20 hp difference.
Fight Or Die...

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2008, 12:21:50 AM »
Hey figher

I'm glad to hear the jet kit got it sorted with the new pods.  :congrats: This whole thread got a little off topic for a while, but I guess you can see that your bike needed richer jets to work properly with the pods, pretty typical from the other experiences here.

Again, glad your'e up and running well. :bigok:
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline 31337figher

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Elite FIgher
    • Connollysworld
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2009, 06:06:21 PM »
O Geeze got a new problem.........

So since i put the DJ jet kit and pod filters i been burning threw fuel like no body's business but i thought hey new jets lots more fuel right......

so today i drop out the drain plug for a oil change and well i found the missing fuel :( than 40w oil..
Now i checked my plugs after running the new set up for like 40 miles and the plugs looked a little rich but there where totally acceptable.. i thought.. 
Fight Or Die...

Offline Blade

• Board Homesteader!
    • http://www.billsbikesnservice.com
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 12:00:12 AM »
O Geeze got a new problem.........

So since i put the DJ jet kit and pod filters i been burning threw fuel like no body's business but i thought hey new jets lots more fuel right......

so today i drop out the drain plug for a oil change and well i found the missing fuel :( than 40w oil..
Now i checked my plugs after running the new set up for like 40 miles and the plugs looked a little rich but there where totally acceptable.. i thought.. 

That is one of the major problems of the DJ kit. The best kit out there in my opinion is the Holeshot kit. Dale takes a lot of time in setting up his kits which make this almost plug and play. I have installed several and they do work great.

The biggest thing to remember is and engine is nothing more than and air pump. It pulls air/fuel in and them after burning it, pumps it out. The thing is the more efficently it does this, the more power it makes. All bikes with in the last 15 years come from the factory way to lean and as you open them up to breath, the air/fuel ratio needs to be adjusted.

Now just because something says something on the box, does not mean that it is actually going to work that way or work well together. Sound like you definately need to lean the bike out some and also check your fuel petcock and make sure it is not leaking when it is turned off when the bike is not running.

If you ever have any questions, please feel free to email or call me.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2009, 07:17:04 PM »
Actually the most install friendly and forget jet kit is Ivan's Performance Products jet kit. In my 05 B1200 couldn't believe how well the titanium needle jets were fabricated and ground which even came with an extra  set of stainless hex bowl screws for each carb to do the job right, extras you'll never find with the others. The instructions were comprehensive and even had an option for an intake mod using the stock air filter box to save you money, real consideration you'll never get with the others.. Along with great on the phone customer service I found Ivans jet kit to be spot on and with no foreign out sourced cheesy factor.
http://www.ivansperformanceproducts.com/

Offline Dave 02 1200

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2009, 12:37:55 PM »
Glad your Bandit is running well.

However, I think you might have a problem with your fuel petcock leaking fuel into your crankcase. 

Mine did that twice before I fixed the problem with a manual Pingel fuel tap.

Tip:  Watch your oil level in the sight glass on the case.

If the oil level rises, replace the petcock with your choice of an OEM part of the Pingel.

Good luck,

Dave
Busa Shock
HS Stage 1 Jet Kit
Superbike Bars with Bar End Mirrors
Kriss Headlight Modulator

Offline 31337figher

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Elite FIgher
    • Connollysworld
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2009, 08:06:25 PM »
thx guys but i think im giving up on motorcycles after today when my brake lever snapped off in my hand when i panic stopped... lucky i am a good power slider with that rear brake and stopped right in time.

Naaa i couldn't let a little thing like like death scare me off my bike :)
Fight Or Die...

Offline jwray76

• New user!
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2009, 01:49:55 PM »
better take it easy on the Wheaties bud, glad to hear you made it out safe though

Offline 31337figher

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Elite FIgher
    • Connollysworld
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2009, 08:13:24 PM »
lol no wheelies it was just a jack ass pulling out infront of me
Fight Or Die...

Offline DSMoneypit

• New user!
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2009, 02:33:32 PM »
lol no wheelies it was just a jack ass pulling out infront of me
He was referencing the cereal wheaties commenting on the strength it takes to break a brake lever.

Offline 31337figher

• TURBO TYPER!
  • Elite FIgher
    • Connollysworld
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2009, 07:51:13 PM »
haha i miss read lol
Fight Or Die...