Author Topic: Some subtle updates  (Read 2268 times)

Offline BanditAllan

• Board Homesteader!
Some subtle updates
« on: November 21, 2013, 05:57:03 PM »
Ok heres my attempt to solve an issue with the severely protruding front indicators on the pre 2000 Bandit 1200. Many people just dump them for something else, but I kind of like their shape so my dilemma was how to make them fit closer to the front fairing.
The end result was some re-engineering of the stalks design by reducing their length by an inch and a half and removal and refitting of the molded in metal boss thats in it. This is not what I would call a quick job but to me its well worth investing the time.

See the end result:

An inch and a half shorter

Frontal view now much narrower

I also wanted to remove those metal brackets that hold on the front side reflectors and tidy up the appearance of that area of the bike. I naturally wanted to retain the side reflectors for safety at night which to me makes sense.
So I bought some of the stand offs for the 07 Bandit 1200 that hold the reflectors onto an ear on the front forks, then I cut the threaded portion down a bit as well as the total length and drilled a shallow hole and threaded it, into the top of the caliper bolt.
I then used a stainless washer onto the back of the reflector to stop the standoff from cutting into the plastic.
To remove the caliper bolt, either use an open ended spanner or simply remove the reflector and use a socket or ring spanner.