Author Topic: EK Chains  (Read 3089 times)

Offline flip

• Board Homesteader!
EK Chains
« on: February 16, 2006, 03:00:39 AM »
Anybody had any experience good or bad with EK chains? I am considering a 530SRX x ring chain for my B6.

Offline PaulVS

• Board Homesteader!
EK Chains
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:02:21 AM »
My personal opinion is that any of the big names. (RK, EK, Tsubaki, D.I.D, etc.) are all very good quality.  

I don't think you can go wrong with any of their x-ring chains.

Offline ray nielsen

• Board Homesteader!
EK Chains
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2006, 03:45:14 PM »
I'd consider the 530 ZVX chain as more suitable for the Bandit.  I used one on a Kawasaki W650 and it was still in very good shape after 27K miles, and with only three adjustments!

The original EK chain on that bike was replaced at only 749 miles as it had needed adjustment three times in that distance.    The replacement, a DID VM 525 served me well, but not as good as the ZVX EK chain that was its replacement.  

My Bandit has the original RK chain at 23K miles and an EK 530ZVX stands ready when replacement is needed.  I prefer the rivet style master link, although the screw on link looks like a good idea too.  There is a thread with pictures on Bandit Alley for reference.

Check with some of the mail order houses for best pricing.  MAW Online seems to offer good prices and service at <www.mawonline.com>.

Offline flip

• Board Homesteader!
EK Chains
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 08:34:34 PM »
I was leaning towards the srx chain because of the availability of the screw on master link.