Author Topic: WINDSHEILD MODIFICATION  (Read 4444 times)

Offline bluebandit02

• Board Regular!
WINDSHEILD MODIFICATION
« on: January 27, 2013, 05:53:06 PM »
I have a Zero Gravity sport touring screen on my 02 1200s. I find the screen is about 2" too short. I'm 5'11" and if i sit up very straight or in a slight tuck the airflow is quiet and smooth. However in my regular riding position it sucks. mainly noise but still some turbulance. I've often contemplated attaching a 2-4" extension to the top but am not sure how to do it. Also a little leary about wrecking the screen.

Anyone out there attempted or pulled this off before?
2002 1200s, ART exhaust, mra windscreen, givi bags, stage one jet kit

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
Re: WINDSHEILD MODIFICATION
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 01:24:44 AM »
I believe there are ones out there that have suction cups so you can remove them.

Here are a few, I'm sure if you search you can find one that works.

http://www.ridermagazine.com/gear/laminar-lip-motorcycle-windscreen-extension-review.htm/

Here's one specifically for the bandit:

http://www.laminarlip.com/bandit.php
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline bluebandit02

• Board Regular!
mra vario touring screen vs modified zero gravity touring screen
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 02:21:40 PM »
well i' ve decided against modifying my windscreen. going to go with the mra vario touring screen instead. :motorsmile: amazing reviews everywhere.

https://www.mrashop.de/erp/catalog/navigationPath//1.Sortiment/0.html?mral=1&type=%28819%2C19%2C0%29&form=%28176%2C20%2C0%29&spr=D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 02:37:49 PM by bluebandit02 »

Offline rider123

• Board Homesteader!
Re: WINDSHEILD MODIFICATION
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 12:00:28 AM »
Looks great let us know how it goes I may want to upgrade myself.
2005 Bandit 1200, Modified Holeshot Stage 1 with 17.5 pilots 2.75 turns out, and 110 mains 5 shims. Muzzy Slip on w/mid-pipe, stock filter. 1.5" hole in the airbox lid.

Offline bluebandit02

• Board Regular!
MRA VARIO-TOURING SCREEN.
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 11:49:00 PM »
Well I finally installed my MRA Vario-touring screen yesterday and went for a short jaunt :motorsmile:.

The screen is exactly the same size as the OEM one plus the additional spoiler. The air intake hole at the bottom is slightly bigger than OEM and more square shaped. It fit like OEM but was even better quality.

At first I was a little concerned about the small size but as the speedometer climbed I finally enjoyed a ride in clean air. The buffeting was completely gone and the  ride was quieter. By moving the spoiler it significantly changed the airflow on my chest. This will be a nice screen when its hot as you can change the amount of cool air on the body and actually divert it under your helmet (if you want). Even at speeds of 160km/h  it was great. Yes it was pricey at $200 CND but worth it. I would highly  :thumb: recommend  :thumb:this screen to anyone with a bandit  :clap:

Offline bluebandit02

• Board Regular!
Re: Mra vario screen upgrade
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2013, 01:03:47 AM »
Well the jury has come to a decision. I put over 1300km
on the bike over two days and still  love the windscreen. It was
35 deg Celsius at times and I was still cool but sitting in clear air.
I would buy this windscreen a second time without question.
Best money I've spent on an upgrade yet. Now to see if the lead shot
I put in my handle bars gets rid of the high frequency vibration as posted
On other threads. Ill let you all know if I worked or not. Hope this thread helps
Others with the windscreen dilemma. Ciao