Author Topic: Won't start. Ignition switch problem?  (Read 27239 times)

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
Won't start. Ignition switch problem?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2006, 12:24:40 PM »
Quote from: "99er"
I forgot to mention - check the circuitry, and ignitor by push starting it. If it kicks when popping second gear down a hill and can be ridden, you've ruled-out the ignitor. do you have a factory or Haynes manual? The factory describes the circuit very well. The Haynes just serves to confuse. Marc/Atlanta
 I'll back off! You seem to be the man to help here! Too many cooks spoil the broth!! He has probably left the room and on his 2nd six pack now!!! :beers:  :beers:  :beers:

Offline ridenclimb

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 12:42:25 PM »
Have both the Haynes manual and the Suzuki manual.  looked at the diagrams on both.  Like I said I don't have much experience with the electrical aspect of the bike.  I have not tried bump starting the bike.  Afraid I will drop it.  Anyway, I am going to call the dealer and see what they say.  I know they are buzy this time of year so if it's gonna be weeks before I can get the bike in there I will keep trying.  Sun is shining and my bike is stationary in it's parking space under the cover.  What's wroing with that picture?

Anyway, thanks for all the advice and suggestions.  You've given me a few more things to try.  Will let you know how it turns out.

D
2001 Silver Bandit 1200S

Offline Daytona

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 12:50:31 PM »
Good plan! Don't do any chops/cuts/swap connections with out pondering! Leave it and come back to it! Prob is probably rite under your nose!! or close to it! Good luck :bigok:

Offline 99er

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2006, 12:57:36 PM »
Page 203 of the factory manual has a schematic that should be helpful.
Marc

Offline nuttyprof1

• TURBO TYPER!
Switch
« Reply #19 on: May 04, 2006, 02:53:15 PM »
One time the same thing happened to me on Honda Nighthawk 750. I went absolutely nuts trying to find the cause, since everything checked out fine. Finally, I opened the starter button/kill switch assembly to find out (I kid you not) that a small piece of plastic had broken off and lodged itself in the starter button assembly so it would not make contact. You might want to check that the wires inside the assembly are all doing fine.

Offline Oldschooler

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2006, 05:01:16 PM »
My B6 has done that twice now. The first time I spent 5 or 6 hours trying to find the problem. It's the same old Clutch position sensor. It wasn't bad, and it was working, but.....  I got some grime on the two little brass strips and it just wasn't working "good enough". Kind of like Red motioned a couple of posts back. Anyway just for sh8@# and giggles I would take off the switch and clean it real good, say a prayer, and see what happens. :banana:
75 Kawi F7 175 / 1975 thru 1982
86 Honda TLM 200 / 1986 thru 2001
96 Suzuki Bandit 600S / June 2005 (still got it)
06 Suzuki V-Strom 650