Author Topic: yet another exhaust question.  (Read 2379 times)

Offline MazdaRx

• TURBO TYPER!
yet another exhaust question.
« on: July 21, 2008, 01:38:22 PM »
Alright.  I did search and got a few conflicting answers to my question so i figured I would ask.

I plan on getting a D&D exhaust due to budget restraints (sounds political) and can pick a slip on for about 200 bucks. 
I understand it comes with no mid pipe or fitting so i need to cut the exhaust off correct? I am ok with this as i don't plan on using stock exhaust again.
But i also got a conflicting answer in my search on the boards stating the stock midpipe on my 2001 b6 is larger than the
D&D slip on pipe diam.  So.....  will it fit or what did other D&D owners do to get it to fit?  I searched google and my typical motorcycle stores online to find a adapter from one pipe to the slip on but could find nothing.  Any suggestions?

Finally... I decided to get a stock b12 rear shock for my B6 and put the money i saved into this exhaust and a jet kit.  I was going to purchase a dynojet kit but hear gas mileage sucks with them ( i want to purchase with paypal since my wife prefers I do this and i have learned not to mess with wives when it comes to money)  I would love to get the holeshot jet kit but he doesn't offer paypal as a method of payment, though i might breakdown and just get a moneyorder and order it anyway.   Any other Jet options out there besides the Ivan, Holeshot and DynoJet?  I plan on getting the jet kit and exhaust installed at Miami Cycle Works locally here in Cincinnati since I have no Carb experience so maybe they can tune the jet kit for optimal gas mileage? 

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: yet another exhaust question.
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 02:36:55 PM »
Factory-Pro always seems to have satified customers, too... and they have a kit for the B6.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)