Author Topic: B1250 OEM color matched top & side case install  (Read 9084 times)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Re: B1250 OEM color matched top & side case install
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2007, 05:00:27 PM »
Or you could be the first one to have an OEM color matched fender case LOL. Dont ask me how I was able to rotate that case around with Photoshop whew!

These are the twin screws that are inside and in the middle (side to side) bottom of each case that face out toward the locking mech right? What was the fix from Suzuki, longer screws or did they just send you the same hardware? I may have to take it apart and figure a way to use some flexible adhesive to prevent it from falling off should the screws fail, like silicone sealer. Use it on all my dirt bike to hold my license plates as the screws would always back out but never lost a plate with that stuff, yet peals off easily.
Those are the ones, yes. Suzuki just replaced the entire top case and told me to keep the original  :thanks:

In fact, I just fixed the original case with some longer screws and adhesive, and will be selling it in the Spring if anyone is interested. With only a few hundred miles on it, it's in like-new condition.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 05:04:01 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline KenB

• Board Homesteader!
    • Ken's Home Site
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 10:00:49 PM »
That's quite a front bumper you gave her! But I think I'll pass on that farkle  :grin:
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Offline Seniorbiker

• Board Regular!
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 07:14:08 PM »
Hey Gunner,

If you have a black bike, do you have to order the color-matched panels? 

Looks like the  bags on the photoshopped bike above are black.  Do they come in gloss black if you don't order the color-matched panels?  If you had a black bike, would you  still have ordered the color-matched panels?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 07:37:16 PM by Seniorbiker »
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2008, 12:26:11 PM »
As I recall the color match code for black is (YAY) about $100 each for the side cases and $75 for the top case depending on what you have. The panels are sold separately and you don't have to buy them if you can live with the look of flat black molded plastic. Personally one of the big reasons I stayed away from the Givi hard case look for so long. Besides that if your going to invest $1000 for a complete set of OEM hard cases why not go the extra couple of hundred dollars make them a stemless match with the tank and fenders. Otherwise save your money and go with Givi clones like this, IMHO. I'm not trying to be sarcastic as I bought one of these for my Vino scooter and it worked awesome and the build and mounting mechanism works just as good as Givi, only you have to make or buy your own brackets or rack to support the mounting plates. I seen a post somewhere a guy made all three bracket for a complete set up and cost him about $300 total  :wink:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/tf-Browse/s-10101/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2010969/p-2010969/N-111+10211+600014603/c-10111
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 04:10:44 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline bottomfeeder

• Board Regular!
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2008, 05:40:21 PM »
I was going to hold out and wait to get the color panels, but about a month ago I went and bought them because the little holes in the cases where you screw the panels on let some moisture in the side cases.   I only bought the side cases for my bandit - I use the same Givi top case I use on my Nomad that I bought about 5 years ago.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2008, 10:03:36 PM »
Well you probubly could have gotten away with a little black silicone sealer in the holes but instead you have a set of side cases that match the bike perfectly. Besides its a new bike to boot so it makes sense. Ill be taking a trip up to Portland OR the end of this month for about a 2 week round trip so the cases are going to get some serious use and careful packing. So far though on short trips and picking up groceries as an excuse to ride, the hard case set up has worked better them I imagined. Coupled with the B1250 smooth ride and improved handling it has truly turned out to be an excellent sport tourer for long rides. Like all good things though its just a blessing from God.  :wink:
« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 10:06:27 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline terizius

• Board Regular!
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 01:21:22 AM »
I love the side cases and can attest to their utilitarianism.  Just got back from a 500 mile trip, about 22 lbs in each bag on the way up.  Around 30 lbs in each on the way back.  That would have been a lot of weight to try and strap on without the bags, or even worse, to carry on our backs (wife was with me).  Also, since i've made tail lights/blinkers to put behind the red reflector, they really brighten up the rear of the bike.

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2008, 01:36:18 AM »
Just so everyone knows, because I just found out the hard way, the Color matching insert is NON optional on the top case and side cases from Suzuki now.  Reason?  There is NO matt black plain insert included in the kit, you just have this UGLY void on the side cases, and without the insert the top case is unusable according to the warning sticker on it. 

I went rounds with the dealer here local because I really didn't care about color matched inserts, and the website says they are optional, however, Suzuki verified that despite all that the top case insert is mandatory, the only option is the color.
so, now I'm stuck with a nice rack waiting again for usable cases.
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline SteelD

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • Route 66 in 2010
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2008, 10:36:56 AM »
Just so everyone knows, because I just found out the hard way, the Color matching insert is NON optional on the top case and side cases from Suzuki now.  Reason?  There is NO matt black plain insert included in the kit, you just have this UGLY void on the side cases, and without the insert the top case is unusable according to the warning sticker on it. 
I discovered that a year ago when I bought my bike ordered with the rack and top case. Because my dealer didn't have the insert, I would have to take delivery of the bike without the top case because the trim wasn't delivered in time. Without it, the case is non-functional because the trim keeps other bits of trim in place - it is held together with tape when supplied to the dealer.

So, what's the problem with fitting straight Kappa or Givi luggage? The Suzuki luggage is made by Kappa and is the standard Monokey fitting.
David
Bandit 1250SAK7 Graphite Metallic Blue (YLE)

Offline KenB

• Board Homesteader!
    • Ken's Home Site
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2008, 10:51:47 AM »
I had the same warning sticker on my top case when I bought it last Fall. The trim inserts were on backorder for a month. I rode with it anyways. No problems at all. Just taped the heck out of the tail lights.
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.