Author Topic: Delkevic headers for 1250 Bandit  (Read 23412 times)

ywgbandit

Re: Delkevic headers for 1250 Bandit
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2012, 07:02:28 PM »
They should be available online by the middle of Aug, 2012 for approx. $280.00+shipping according to the e-mail they sent me a week ago.

ywgbandit

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 01:30:49 AM »
I got an e-mail from Delkevic...testing completed, jigs made and some parts made, but the numbers aren't in the catalogue yet...2-3 weeks. Which really means a month!

ywgbandit

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2012, 12:28:51 AM »
There Here!!
I got the first ones off the assembly line, shipped direct to me from the factory. Available from Delkevic USA…send them an e-mail to Luke Padilla (luke.delkevic@gmail.com>) to order. $299.99 plus shipping. Overall I'm very impressed....good quality stainless and good welds. There are a few tool marks from where the clamps held the tubing to make the bend, but they aren't horrible and they are priced accordingly. They look good! I will keep you all updated as to installation fit as I go along.

ywgbandit

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 12:11:19 AM »
Very disappointed! I just sent back the second set of headers to Delkevic. They were a much worse fit than the first ones. Spring is coming and I probably won't wait for them to iron out the kinks. Looks like I'll buy a set of Dale's from Holeshot. Pricey, but least I know they will fit!

Offline JIME

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2013, 01:52:52 PM »
 The same thing happened to me. First set straight from China looked great but the fit was poor. Second set from the US looked like the stainless tubes were blems and the fit was the same(poor). After many attempts and cleaning off sealent, I made a jig of wood so I could practice without beating up my bike. You have to slide the tubes out of the Collector at different lengths, and at one point they will barely line up so you can force them in plus a little beating here and their, a real PITA. I kept mine and once their on they do look good and when they turn a golden color you don't notice the defects in the tubes.
 Your lucky Dale makes a set in stainless for your 1250. Mine is a 02 1200 and his headers only come in steel. I asked him if he would build me a set in stainless and pay the extra but he said no.
02 Bandit 1200, 08 DR650, 81 Pe400, 02 Harley Dyna

ywgbandit

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2013, 01:05:53 AM »
I finally got the headers mounted today. The problem was that during the manufacturing process of the collector pipe itself the inside of two of the pipes had broken welding wire stuck inside. It looks like the tubing was welded from the inside and a piece of welding wire was partially fused to the inside seam, but was broken and left a little tab inside. That stopped the down pipe from penetrating all the way in. I made up a bob by cutting a slot with a hacksaw in a 3/8" bolt length wise about 2" long. I then cut off the bolt head so I could put the bob into the drill chuck. I put the bob in a drill and used an old piece of course sanding belt and spun it in side each opening of the collector to remove all the burrs and wire. Then using the supplied high temp silicone (at least that's what I think it was because there were no instructions) I was able to slip the collector onto downpipes that I had loosely mounted in the exhaust ports. Then I beat on them with a hard rubber mallet until they were inserted all the way up to the lines I had marked on the downpipes, which indicated full penetration of the downpipes into the collector.