Author Topic: Dimensions of 1250 Radiator  (Read 13371 times)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Dimensions of 1250 Radiator
« on: January 17, 2007, 11:52:24 AM »
I need to know the measurements of the new 1250 radiator, particularly the width, and how far it sticks out from under the fairing on the sides.

The reason is I'm trying to find out is if any of the lower fairings that fit the '06 air-cooled model will fit the new '07. The bike hasn't arrived yet, but if I knew the measurements, I might be able to figure it out and save some time.

Anybody who gets near an '07, please take your tape-measure!

:thanks:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 02:24:40 PM »
Just a thought, but have you tried contacting any of the folks that make lowers for the 3G air/oil cooled? I'm guessing that they probably already know if their products will fit the 1250, or if they can easily be trimmed to accomodate. If they don't know, they'll probably be among the first to get one to test fit their products.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 03:24:44 PM »
Quote from: "Red01"
Just a thought, but have you tried contacting any of the folks that make lowers for the 3G air/oil cooled? I'm guessing that they probably already know if their products will fit the 1250, or if they can easily be trimmed to accomodate. If they don't know, they'll probably be among the first to get one to test fit their products.

Yes I have tried talking to Wild Hair about ordering a Metisse lower fairing for the '07. It was a German guy on the phone, and he was definitely more interested in selling me a fairing than he was worried about whether it fit or not.

I asked him several times if they had actually tried fitting the '06 fairing to the '07 model, and I finally wrung the truth out of him... no they hadn't. Kinda makes ya lose faith in Wild Hair, huh?

If I only had the measurements of the '07 radiator to compare to the '06 oil cooler. maybe I could make an educated guess at least, and decide whether to take a chance on making it fit or not...  :motorsmile:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline tannerismyhero

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:48:58 PM »
Ehhh. I would wait till you get your 07 and try to find someone with an 06 in your area that wouldn't mind takin the one they have off for a few minutes while your try to put it on your bike. You woluld be able to recognize if you could make any fine adjustments if needed and you wouldnt be out the $$
01 1200s

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 08:39:26 PM »
Quote from: "tannerismyhero"
Ehhh. I would wait till you get your 07 and try to find someone with an 06 in your area that wouldn't mind takin the one they have off for a few minutes while your try to put it on your bike. You woluld be able to recognize if you could make any fine adjustments if needed and you wouldnt be out the $$

Yep, that's good advice and might be what I'll end up doing... if I can find somebody with that fairing around here. Or even another Bandit owner around here... I live in a very remote, rural area.

The measurements would help a lot though... even if I had to do a little "fitting" work. :wink:

Offline Sven

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
  • Drop the puck!
    • My site is always under renovation!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 10:40:48 PM »
Oof!  You are in a hurry!  I still plan on getting that info at the show in Atlanta next month.
2003 Suzuki Bandit 1200S | el Bandido de Cerceta | the teal bandit
2010 Yamaha FJR1300A | Gin Tama | the silver bullet
2002 Honda CRV | the dirt-colored car

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 11:26:54 AM »
Quote from: "Sven"
Oof!  You are in a hurry!  I still plan on getting that info at the show in Atlanta next month.

I haven't forgotten you, Sven! And I'll be very grateful for your efforts!

I'm just a little excited and impatient, I guess... waiting for a new bike can drive ya nuts!

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 06:13:27 PM »
You probably talked to Irfan @ Wild Hair since he's German and it's his store.

What I meant though was talk/email the outfits that MAKE the fairings, not the folks that sell them. Wild Hair is just an accessory store and I wouldn't expect him to know this sort of thing, not yet anyway. The folks at Metisse, JMV Concept & TCP Aerodynamics would be the ones to get in touch with.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 09:15:27 PM »
I emailed Metisse and JMV Concept and haven't recieved any replies yet, it's been several weeks.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try again, along with TCP. But TCP says on the site that their fairing for the 1200 Bandit isn't available in the US.

Thanks.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 05:38:02 PM »
If TCP's fairing will fit both the '06 & '07, or if they have knowledge...
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2007, 11:33:10 AM »
I received the following reply from TCP:

Dear Sir,

many thanks for your interest in our products. This product will NOT fit on the `07 model,
but as far we are informed, soon an original Suzuki accessory like this will be available.

Best regards,

Patric Janke
TCP SA

I also recieved a similar reply (finally) from Metisse. So that settles that!

If Suzuki will be offering an accessory fairing, I wonder if that's the one we see on the red touring bike pic from the bike show?

Hmmmmm.....

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 01:37:13 AM »
The following courtesy of SVEN:

"I can give you the radiator measurements!

The unit is 7.25" high by 18.75" wide by 2" deep.

Looking from behind the radiator, there are three fluid connections. One, in the lower left corner, is about 1.25" from the corner. There's another in the opposite corner. There's a third, smaller conection in hte top left corner about 1" from the corner.

The whole thing has a bracket that holds it out front of the motor/frame.

I don't know how to explain whether it would fit under the 2006 fairings. It seemed to have plenty of clearance from with the fairings of the 2007 model; it's not so snug that it was almost touching them. I wan't sure what to measure to give you more information.

Hope this all helps!"

Can anyone furnish the dimensions of the '06 1200 oil cooler? I'm still trying to figure out of the Metisse fairing can be modified to fit the '07...