Author Topic: Holeshot B12.5  (Read 9468 times)

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Holeshot B12.5
« on: April 21, 2007, 05:19:21 PM »
Looks like Dale has his new 1250 now, too.

From the Holeshot website:

Dale is very excited about the brand new Suzuki Bandit 1250 and feels this is by far the best Bandit ever produced. He just took delivery of his new bike and wanted to share a few photos , his base line stock dyno pulls and what he has planed in the future. Dale is currently working on a new Holeshot slip-on, TFI tuning and a few other tricks at this time. A full 4-1 Holeshot header will also be developed down the road as well as many other products for the bike. Dale is well know in the US for building some wicked Bandits and wants continue that tradition with the new 1250. So please be patient and stay tuned !

Dale talks about his fun in the dyno room in a Maz Suz thread here.

Here's the stock dyno results:

And a 2001 B12 (red lines) & 2007 B12.5 (blue lines) charted together:

Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Holeshot B12.5
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 09:49:23 PM »
Good post, Red... I was just checking that out myself.

Though Dale and I don't get along on the phone worth a crap,  :roll:  I never knocked his products and I respect his experience and knowledge. I'll be following his progress on his new B1250 for sure.

But I got mine first!  :banana:  :stickpoke:  :bandit:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot B12.5
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 08:56:33 PM »
I hope that Dale can get some real good performance out of the 1250, my only fear would be the throttle bodies. The ZX12 is 46 mm, the Busa and GSXR 1000 are 44mm, (I believe), and the 1250 is 36 mm, which is real good for bottom end power but may limit you on top.
For the street, should be no problem, but competing on the dragstrip, it could be a killer.
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline Bob Holland

• Board Homesteader!
Holeshot B12.5
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 08:53:17 AM »
Hi Bob

Ive made 165 hp with 36 mm carbs so i think they are fine really

I am starting to work on my bike at the very beginning stages with my slip on and tuning next,.

A header will follow and more tuning

I will also be making other things for the bike as well

I plan to sell my 2006 FZ1 in a couple months and buy  another 1250.

That way i can keep one stock to make all the bits and i can pull one totally down to build my project motor

Thanks  Dale

I guess my concerns about the 36 mm throttle bodies are unfounded. :stfu:
If I didn't have a Suzuki, I would have a Kawasaki

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Holeshot B12.5
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 03:46:27 PM »
Dale was getting >150 ponies out of his old 1G B12 with stock (rejetted, of course) carbs, too.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline Dale Walker

• New user!
    • http://www.holeshot.com
Dale saying hi
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 08:38:47 PM »
Zen Man :

Good post, Red... I was just checking that out myself.

Though Dale and I don't get along on the phone worth a crap,   I never knocked his products and I respect his experience and knowledge. I'll be following his progress on his new B1250 for sure.

But I got mine first!      

DW:
Well here i am for the first time guys looking around and i saw this thread.

Hey Zen i think we got off on the wrong foot and i want you to know i do not hold any grudges ok. It was a petty deal and if you want to give me another try id be happy to help you out.

I wont be back here much even though this is a geat site also, i do donate every year for the rally but i just cant do it all and be everywhere.

If you have any questions feel free to e mail me or call me

Thanks and ride safe

Dale

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Dale saying hi
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 10:11:01 PM »
Quote from: "Dale Walker"
Hey Zen i think we got off on the wrong foot and i want you to know i do not hold any grudges ok. It was a petty deal and if you want to give me another try id be happy to help you out.

Dale, I agree with you about the wrong foot. No biggie, let's just blame it on bad timing, stress, misunderstanding, whatever works as a good excuse for both of us.  :roll:

I don't hold grudges either... I did see your explanation to me on another board awhile back, but the thread was closed before I had a chance to respond. So here's my handshake and we'll call it even, then? Works for me.  

I've seen some of the progress you've made on the B1250 and I'm impressed. I had suspected there was a lot of power being held back by the stock exhaust and FI mapping. What are you up to now... 114 HP's and 92 ft-lbs. torque? That's damn good with just your slip-on, TFI tune and airbox mods. Keep up the good work!  :bigok:
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline Dale Walker

• New user!
Holeshot B12.5
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 12:13:08 AM »
Thank you Zee

Life is to short as they say

Yes i have been working away and ive milked about all i can with my slip-on and tune up.

I was able to make 7 full hp over the slip-on when all was said and done.

Dont want to give all the details on the internet though

Now 114.95 HP @ 92+ ft lbs.

I have it all dialed so it will be super easy for the user and i just got my stainless mid pipes so my slip-on should be ready within a week or two.

If you want to call me mid next week i will be glad to give all the details over the phone

Im off to a track day Sunday and Monday with my 16 year old son so got to get ready.

Take care and thanks again ok

Dale

:motorsmile:

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Holeshot B12.5
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 12:14:51 AM »
Hey Dale.... I know you're a busy guy (who ain't these days) but feel free to drop on by anytime - we appreciate your input and hope you find B/A a good source of feedback.  

Thanks for stopping in.....     :motorsmile:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Holeshot B12.5
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 02:20:01 AM »
Quote from: "Dale Walker"
If you want to call me mid next week i will be glad to give all the details over the phone

Thanks, Dale, I just might take you up on that.  :wink:

And like Tex said, don't be a stranger... this is a great board with a super bunch of people, real down-home atmosphere.  And you have a lot of happy customers here too. :wink:  :motorsmile:

Offline Dale Walker

• New user!
Holeshot B12.5
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 07:07:10 PM »
Really hard for me to be on all the forums guys, i need 5 clones.

Cheers  D   :wink: