Author Topic: I be LOVIN my 1250!  (Read 6545 times)

Offline wristwister

• TURBO TYPER!
I be LOVIN my 1250!
« on: September 16, 2007, 06:33:03 PM »
... in fact, I'd make love to it, but I'm still recovering from the burns from the last time I tried that.

Got about 4500 miles on her now, and I feel like I know that bike so well it's an extension of my body. Plus, I just put a set of Pilot Powers on, got a couple hundred miles on them, and DAMN this thing sticks in the twisties!

Went on a great group ride yesterday with the usual array of gixxers, CBRs, Ninja's etc. I fully expected to be cleaning up the rear of this crowd. I mean come on. the Bandit's a STANDARD! How can it compete with a pack of liter sportbikes!

Well, not only did it compete, but I was leading the pace for most of the ride! LOTS of comments on the bike and the pace I was setting, and the funny thing is I really didn't feel like I was railing full-on. I had plenty of margin in the turns. About the only places I did max out was the high speed straights, and of course the liter gang had no trouble catching up to me there.

I don't know what it is about this bike, the balance? The low range torque? the ergonomics? Whatever, this things an outrageous ride, and I have absolutely NO regrets going from a CBR1000 to the Bandit!
'07 Bandit 1250
'75 GT750 2-smoker

Offline ZenMan

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
I be LOVIN my 1250!
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 07:48:39 PM »
Yep, she's a real winner, aye?  :bigok:

I'm lovin' mine too, coming up on 4K now. Awhile back I threw a Conti Sport Attack on the rear and had no problems dealing with my buddy's Triumph Daytona 675, and that thing is a serious li'l corner-carver!  :wink:

But my next set of skins will be the new Michelin Pilot Road2's, since I'll be putting some long-distance miles on her next spring. They are supposed to have pretty good stick combined with high mileage, we shall see.
"Hmmm... near certainty of death with little chance of success... what are we waiting for?"

Offline ricklee4570

• Board Homesteader!
I be LOVIN my 1250!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 05:30:11 AM »
may I suggest Pirelli Diablo Strada's. Great traction and stick as well as high mileage.

Offline gunz

• Board Homesteader!
  • 2007 Bandit 1250 for sale
I be LOVIN my 1250!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 10:18:48 PM »
I had dunlop sport max on my connie. Thought they were the worst tire I have ever ridden on. Guess what standard on my bandit? Go figure. Oh well, By the time these wear out, i should have the shop set up adn be able to mount and balance my own tires.
FOR SALE 2007 Suzuki bandit 1250
Black, Non ABS. With upgrades.
$6500 or trade? mobile alabama.

Offline KenB

• Board Homesteader!
    • Ken's Home Site
I be LOVIN my 1250!
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 10:31:10 AM »
I'm only closing in on 1K miles but totally agree with your assessment WT. I've owned many bikes over the years but this one may be the best all around combination of price, performance, comfort, and fun!
Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Offline wristwister

• TURBO TYPER!
I be LOVIN my 1250!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 04:41:58 PM »
Quote from: "gunz"
I had dunlop sport max on my connie. Thought they were the worst tire I have ever ridden on. Guess what standard on my bandit? Go figure. Oh well, By the time these wear out, i should have the shop set up adn be able to mount and balance my own tires.

I'm with you there! I thought I was satisified with the Dunlops that came on the bike ... till I experienced how she handles with the Pilot Powers! I'm actually GLAD that errant nail in the road accelerated the need for new tires!
'07 Bandit 1250
'75 GT750 2-smoker

Offline gunz

• Board Homesteader!
  • 2007 Bandit 1250 for sale
I be LOVIN my 1250!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 12:11:10 PM »
My dunlops dont look like they are going to make any real distance. I am guessing new tires after biketoberfest in a few weeks.
FOR SALE 2007 Suzuki bandit 1250
Black, Non ABS. With upgrades.
$6500 or trade? mobile alabama.

Offline Ron173

• New user!
Tyre replacements
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 11:56:20 PM »
Quote from: "wristwister"
Quote from: "gunz"

I'm with you there! I thought I was satisified with the Dunlops that came on the bike ... till I experienced how she handles with the Pilot Powers! I'm actually GLAD that errant nail in the road accelerated the need for new tires!

So how are the pilots wearing, are they a full on soft tyre?

I previously ran continentals on my zzr, the dual compound ones which I found had great km plus good grip if reqd.

Anyone running dual compounds?  any feedback?

Ron

Offline pmackie

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
I be LOVIN my 1250!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2007, 12:23:25 AM »
The Bridgestone BT-021 are dual compound. Some data here:

http://banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=8748&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I'm interested in the Michelin Pilot ROAD 2CT's, which I will likely try once I wear out the BT-021/BT-020 combo I have on now.
Paul
2002-GSF600S, Progressive Fork Springs, B12 Shock,
SS Brake lines, EBC HH pads, Leo Vince Ex & Kappa bags.
Ex Bike Mechanic (late 70's), somewhat rusty
32 years in the Fuel/lubes industry(Retired)

Offline Ron173

• New user!
I be LOVIN my 1250!
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2007, 09:48:02 PM »
Quote from: "pmackie"
The Bridgestone BT-021 are dual compound. Some data here:

http://banditalley.net/viewtopic.php?t=8748&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

I'm interested in the Michelin Pilot ROAD 2CT's, which I will likely try once I wear out the BT-021/BT-020 combo I have on now.

Thanks , interesting thread on the BT-021, I'm trying to glean some general info on replacing my original.

I'm not a real corner scratcher, but Australia being so big, tend to do a lot of upright highway work, so dual compound is the go, might go the 021, just I recall years ago Bridgestone tyres were first thing you turfed on a bike.
Guess they must have improved lots.

I used to always run Pirelli phantoms, but that was when I WAS a young corner scratching hoon, excellent grip and crap mileage.

Ron