Author Topic: I hate these stock tires....grrrr  (Read 7353 times)

Offline Bandit1250

• Board Homesteader!
Re: I hate these stock tires....grrrr
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2008, 01:46:11 AM »
I only got about 1800 miles out of the rear Dunlop 218 on my 07 1250.......keep in mind the "type" of road surface effect the life of your tires also. Some road surfaces are harder on tires.
Past Pleasures....all memories
2006 Triumph Sprint ST1050
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
2002 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
1984 Honda V651100 Sabre
1986 Kawaski Vulcan 750N
1982 Suzuki GS750EZ
1974 Suzuki GT380 2 stroke street

Offline Down Under

• Board Regular!
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2008, 07:07:00 AM »

Michelin Pilot Road 2's  :thumb: 

Offline banditone1250s

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 06:46:28 PM »
  Well it looks as though I am not as happy with the Avon's as I thought I might be. Here I am with around 4000 miles on them and they are ready to be changed again. Out with the Avons. They should have lasted longer no harder than I rode them and where I rode them. In the middle" of their wear they did great. Really grippy tire and could drag the foot pegs off with no slip what-so-ever. The really hooked up good and seems to me that they would make a great track tire but just didn't last long enough on the street...I just purchased a set of the "new" Bridgestone Battle-ax B-016's. They are the new triple compound tire from Bridgestone. I do not have them mounted yet but I am looking forward to running the newer triple-compound tire just to see if it is all that they say it will be. Really soft compound on the outside of the tire and the rubber get harder as you move toward the center of the tire. Hope they work great and they were less expensive than the Avon's were too..Should have them mounted in about a week and will do a follow up and let every one know how they are...

There is a thin line between fear and respect....Feel free to drift across it every now and then...
There is a thin line between fear and respect...feel free to drift across it every now and then...

Offline waz

• New user!
  • Blind Argus
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2008, 04:54:14 PM »
My rear stock tire was squarer than Dennis Rodman's head by 2300 miles, and the front was cupping and had assumed a funky profile, so I slapped some Avon Storms on.  I hope to get at least 4k miles out of them.
"How many legs does a dog have if you call a tail a leg?  Four.  Calling a tail a leg doesn't make it one."

Abraham Lincoln