Author Topic: Long-time-no-post So here are my new lowers I installed  (Read 9177 times)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Long-time-no-post So here are my new lowers I installed
« on: June 03, 2011, 12:02:32 AM »
No big deal really other then I find that just becasue someone post an accessory installation these days does not mean they themselves installed it. Fewer and fewer people are wrenching these days it seems. Anyway the photos below of my matched OEM lowers and fender extender below, on sale for $480. But my local Suzy dealer matched the price for local pick-up so decided to support them after not visiting in this economy for 2 years. Hate to know what installation would have cost, the price alone should included it, but it wast too bad about 2 man-hours having never installed one with no instructions which is another complaint of mine. Seems like more and more OEM accessories come with absolutely nothing but an inventory list and a few photos.

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: Long-time-no-post So here are my new lowers I installed
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 11:36:10 AM »
Hey Gunner....   :clap: :clap: :clap:

I sure like the looks and have always liked that particular color red (right behind the blue/white of course  :stickpoke:).

How much of a hassle are oil changes going to become???
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 03:42:18 PM »
I was concerned about that before I ordered but it turns out that it doesn't interfere at all. Just reach strait in between the headers and twist. I just hate the smell of burning arm hair when I reach between the hot blue headers as I like my oil runny  :stickpoke:. Actually its fairly easy to pop off one side if you need access for something else, about as bothersome as removing the tank Id say.    

I sure like the looks and have always liked that particular color red (right behind the blue/white of course  :stickpoke:).
....Yeah for that unbelievable price compared to the same price I paid for my now sold 05 B1200 $7800 OTD, the bike is serenely handling seamlessly powerful with 6 speeds and rattle free, on top of all that it is phenomenally reliable due to is simple yet innovative design, potentially every bit as capable as the techno-over-bloated "sport tourers" with none of the genetic flawed standard innovations that have made some of them recall-money pit-bikes, and who only solution is cultic-loyalty. :stickpoke:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 04:02:52 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2011, 04:29:31 PM »
 :toofunny:
...the bike is serenely handling seamlessly powerful with 6 speeds and rattle free, on top of all that it is phenomenally reliable due to is simple yet innovative design, potentially every bit as capable as the techno-over-bloated "sport tourers" with none of the genetic flawed standard innovations that have made some of them recall-money pit-bikes, and who only solution is cultic-loyalty. :stickpoke:

:rofl: :lol: You're killin' me! :lol: :rofl:
:banana: :banana2: :banana2: :banana:
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)