Author Topic: New member needs advice  (Read 7866 times)

Offline aussie

• First Post! Be Gentle!
New member needs advice
« on: January 06, 2011, 08:24:04 AM »
G'day

Just bought a new 1255S. Normal rides have been R1100/1150RT's. I would appreciate some advice. The wife and I just completed our first 400Km ride and need advice on 2 issues;
Not used with the exposed exhaust and on the right side of the bike the wife gave herself a very nasty burn on the ankle. Can you get a guard to cover the pipe?

She finds the pillion rests slightly too high and too far back. Can you get a kit to lower and move the pegs - after market or from another model?

Any other suggestions to improve comfort or general mods would be appreciated.

Enjoy riding the Bandit and will soon be able to use more of the performance after the first service next week.

On my brief read through the sections of this forum I am going to find it interesting and informative.

cheers

george

Offline txbanditrydr

• Administrator
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: New member needs advice
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2011, 09:49:00 AM »
I don't have many suggestions but :welcome: to the site George.

One idea on the muffler would be to consider an after-market carbon fiber version.  I believe they stay fairly cool to the touch - at least the Two Bros. on a friends BMW K bike did.  Muffler burns are the worst.  :rant2:

Again - Glad you found us.  :motorsmile:
'01 B600S ... sold
'05 B1200S ... Top 20 mods... #20 through #2 - All The Usual Ones, Yada, Yada  & #1... 150,000+ Miles and Counting!!!!

Offline LowRyter

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
Re: New member needs advice
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2011, 07:26:31 PM »
welcome to the board.....I think every passenger has different challenges for individual motorcycles...

For the Bandit, my wife won't even ride on it.  Too hard to hang on to and too scary fast.  Not that comfy either (but she never got burned).  For that matter I would never sit on the back of Jay's Bandit, I think my wife makes a good point here.   :trustme:

but on my California Moto Guzzi, it's a very comfy passenger ride with a back rest.  But it's challenge for her to sit on when I am in the rider's seat.  So.....I have her get on before I do...BUT, the first time, I made the mistake of leaving the bike running when I saw her climbing all over the foot control- just about to stick it in gear!!!!!!!!   :yikes:

Then, she gets on the bike with motor off.  It takes me a huge lunge to get the kick stand up...got to be careful now to park in a level place with no gravel.  Now with that covered and getting a few rides in, I see melted rubber from riding boots all over the pipes......... :duh:

OK...just part of the process.

I hope your wife's burn heals.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 07:29:56 PM by LowRyter »
John L

1998 Red Suzuki GSF-1200S
1998 Red & Cream Moto Guzzi V11 EV
2001 Greenie Moto Guzzi V11 Sport