Author Topic: New to Forum  (Read 7350 times)

Offline roadapple

• New user!
New to Forum
« on: December 01, 2007, 03:50:23 PM »
Hello everyone,

Thanks for letting me join!

I hope to learn alot here, and I will post with any new info I discover for myself.

Jim

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
Re: New to Forum
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 11:27:02 PM »
 :welcome: to the Alley family, Jim!
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 11:57:45 PM »
Welcome roadapple. Tell us what kind of bike you ride and what state your from? 

Offline Snubnose

• Board Homesteader!
  • Cos For why?
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 02:08:55 AM »
Hello everyone,
Thanks for letting me join!

Welcome to our Bandito Family!...Look forward to chin wagging with ya! Everyones nice here, all assholes are turfed! :welcome:
SNUBNOSE, Alberta, Canada
2003 B12S - Silver
Stock 06' pipe
3 shims on each needle
Zero gravity SR
Sw Motech rear rack - V46 Top case
PAIR Block off Kit
Salamander Bar Ends
007 special license plate feature ;)

We are not what we think we are, We are not what others think, but rather, we are what we think others think we are!

Offline roadapple

• New user!
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 03:50:20 PM »
I am currently living in the Texas Panhandle (and I am originally from Texas) :bandit:

I take ribbing pretty well, so don't be afraid to poke fun when the opportunity arrives :stickpoke:

I have owned 2) Harley Sportsters, 1)1982 Harley FXRS, 1) 1981 Kawasaki 440 LTD, 1) 1966 BSA Hornet/Lightning.  My first Sporty was a 1988 883.  It was slow, but it was the most reliable of all the bikes I've owned.  I currently have a 1992 H-D 1200 Sportster.

I am drooling over a 2007 1250 Bandit (red) at my local dealer.  I like the Bandit so much, that I would take one in any color.  I am trying to save for the down payment.  My truck will be paid off in February, and then my bank can be persueded to lend me the money for the Bandit!  (I'm buying it to save gas, you know :wink:)

I've learned alot about the big Bandito here, and on other sites.  I think I i know what I want to do to the bike, once it is in my possession, but I will have to ride it for a while to be sure.

I'll let everyone know when I get it home :beers:, and I contribute as much as I can.  When I am not out riding  :motorsmile:

I like this site.  The people here are helpful, and I have not seen the "my way is the only way" attitude.

Thanks again, for letting me be a part of this community. :thanks:

Jim

Offline dgann

• New user!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 03:47:31 PM »
Hello All,

Joined the Board a few days ago.  I have been looking for a new bike and the 1250 seems to fit the bill perfectly.  Went to my local Suzuki dealer with $3K down payment in hand only to find out they have none of the 1250s in stock!!  :duh:  End of December early January is the proposed delivery dates and then they are only getting a single bike!  It is the Black, non-ABS version.

They are supposed to call me when it arrives but supposedly there are several others interested as well...not looking forward to a bidding war.  They have already said they plan to sell it at MSRP with no discount.  Guess I will see how it goes.

Dale

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 04:37:00 PM »
Try other dealers... something your local dealer should have done for you, even if they told you, "I can get you one in X days," and then worked out a dealer-to-dealer swap.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline dgann

• New user!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 05:21:55 PM »
Hey Red...yeah, there is another dealer about 12 miles from my job.  They are closed on Sundays, but I plan to call them first thing Monday and see if they have any in stock.  I drag my co-worker with me at lunch...he is a Buell fanatic.  Keeps trying to get me to buy one, but when I sit on them, I just feel like I am perched on a tiny clown bike.

The dealer I went to yesterday seemed much more interested in selling me a Triumph or Ducati then looking for a 1250 for me.  I wasn't real impressed with them...when I told the saleperson I was interested in the ABS model, he told me he would never ride a bike with ABS.  In no uncertain terms, I told him that unless he was buying the bike for me, I didn't really care what he did or didn't do with his bikes.  I wanted an ABS model.

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2007, 06:33:06 PM »
Welcome dgann. Whatever you do don't be in too much of a hurry, I waited 7 months with cash in hand and used Cycle Trader and a telephone to find the "OTD" deals that means the price "out the door" which includes all fees and taxes and registration. Make sure when you call these dealers you tell them you need an OTD price comparison because your  buying withing the next 2 days. Here are 5 dealers in Florida to work with if you must have it soon. http://www.cycletrader.com/find/search-results/State-FL|Florida/Year-2007,2008/Keywords-Bandit%20/Type-Motorcycle/Category-All/Make-Suzuki/MakeSel-1/Sort-Year:DESC/
« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 06:36:12 PM by CWO4GUNNER »

Offline billincentraljersey

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
You really have to do some leg works yourself.  Don't count on the dealers.  I don't think they have any interest in calling another dealer to get a bike you want.  It is to their interest to sell you a bike on their floor.  I went through 3 dealers with promises of delivery and none came through.  Paper works were all done for each of them.  Calling Suzuki regional management was no help.  So, I got a like a all dealers within 150 mile radius and started calling.  I asked if they HAVE ONE ON THE FLOOR.  Almost all say no.  Few claims to have it but I stress to the sales guys that I am traveling 0ver 100 miles to come get it an they better have it.  So I asked for a vehicle number of the bike so that if I show up, they cannot claim they sold it that morning.  I spoke with the manager and told them I will come with cash and if they jerk me around ... I will sue they for the tank of gas it cost me to travel there ..... You'll be surprise how many dealer change their story after "another check to make sure".

Anyway, I got the B1250ABS 100 miles from home.  Be patient, it was worth the months of search and wait.  All my other choices of bikes were a compromise of one way or another.  The seat, the bars, ride position, reliability, cost, engine power, etc ...
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Bragging Rights:  NJ to CA in 8 Days on my B1250ABS. Not quite ADV Rider.
07 B1250ABS, 90 Kawasaki Concours, 84 Moto Guzzi V65SP, 77 Yamaha XS360, xx-77 NYC Subway

Offline dgann

• New user!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 10:11:47 AM »
Thanks for all the advice! :thanks:

Offline solman1

• First Post! Be Gentle!
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 07:57:59 PM »
Hi All,
This is my first post thou I have been lurking for a while. I bought my 07 Bandit 1250 in Red from Suzuki of Sarasota florida. I live in NJ but found what I wanted in Florida.I could not find one here in red at all.  It was slightly used (740 miles) at a great price.  I noticed at the time (early November) They had 2 new 1250's in stock at that time. If anybody wants one I would suggest to call Suzuki of Sarasota and ask them.
I talked with Dave the owner and also Tim pringle  was the salesman I dealt with. Phone number is 941 925-0376. I am in no way affiliated with them just giving a heads up for those who might want it.
I also have a 2006 harley electra glide that I love but,  wanted something a little more spirited and water cooled for the local and commuting use. I have had other Harley's and cut my teeth on a 1980 Yamaha XS 650 twin that I still miss.
Sol

Offline dgann

• New user!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2007, 08:35:57 PM »
Hey Solman,

I will give them a shout tomorrow.  I tried another Suzuki dealer today that is about 12 miles from my job.  I called twice, got two different salespeople that were gonna check the "warehouse" and call me right back...not a single call.  I took a drive to the dealership at lunch and they didn't have any on the lot, though they did have 3 of the B-Kings they tried to sell me and a new Yamaha Raider. 

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2007, 09:05:53 PM »
The dealers always say they are calling the warehouse when in reality they are calling other dealers to ask how much to give up the bike and work out a delivery at your expense. If they tell you the warehouse is empty it means no dealer out there with one was willing to give it up. Just use the phone and go down the list of dealers asking them if there is one in their showroom to pop over and see, if they say yes you can make an offer, then make the long drive. This really shows how popular this bike is. There was allot of people who got fooled by this motorcycle including myself and almost made the mistake of buying one of the "sport Tourers" for $15,000. Man I never figured the new B1250 would offer more for less, and so glad I got my name blotted off the C14 list which turned out to be a never ending saga of issues.

Offline billincentraljersey

• Board Homesteader!
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 12:32:56 AM »
BTW,  if you find one dealer to claim they have THE bike on their floor, you can put a deposit down with a credit card and ask for a vehicle ID number.  If you don't mind spending a few hundred more, you can arrange to have it shipped.  Forgot how much I spent on shipping my bike back from CA to NJ but it only cost about $600.  You can fly, train or drive there and ride the bike back home.  It'll be all broken when you get back :)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero
Bragging Rights:  NJ to CA in 8 Days on my B1250ABS. Not quite ADV Rider.
07 B1250ABS, 90 Kawasaki Concours, 84 Moto Guzzi V65SP, 77 Yamaha XS360, xx-77 NYC Subway