Author Topic: pair restriction  (Read 4552 times)

Offline jmickey

• New user!
pair restriction
« on: August 07, 2007, 08:12:16 PM »
Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:05 pm    Post subject: pair valve restriction      

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am from the Toronto area, have a bandit 1250, and have been lurking for awhile. I installed a two brothers carbon fibre can. It sounds great (quite loud though) but it has been popping rather loudly. I have blocked the pair valve intake line and that has cured the popping. Does this have any detrimental effects other than the environment?

Also, to those short of inseam, I have installed Holeshot's lowering links and they worked just as Dale said they would. I am 5'5" and am almost flat on both feet. I didn't have to change the side stand and the center stand still works but is a littlle harder to pull up bike.

Offline Cryptoman

• Board Regular!
pair restriction
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 06:54:14 PM »
No detriment whatsoever, as long as it is plugged in both directions (towards the valve and towards the air box).  Hopefully someone will start selling block-off plates to totally clean up the appearance.

Offline Red01

• Board Homesteader!
  • Are we having fun yet?
pair restriction
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »
What's the dimensions of the PAIR tube flanges on the engine? I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't some other Suzuki application that you could use.

If you have the tools to cut some steel and drill holes, PAIR block-off plates are very simple to make.
Paul
2001 GSF1200S
(04/2001-03/2012)
2010 Concours 14ABS
(07/2010-current)

Offline jmickey

• New user!
pair restriction
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 11:14:13 PM »
I didn't get that far. I put a bolt with a nut in the line. I put the bolt facing the air box and the thread towards the pair valve. Basically just opened the line where Dale Walker puts a plug in when you follow his instructions for installing a tfi (you can reach the line under the tank on the right side). I will take the valve out when someone makes plates to fit. Went for a ride tonight and it doesn't pop at all.