Author Topic: Ridability problem with '07 1250  (Read 7920 times)

Offline CWO4GUNNER

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
    • GUNNER G. CWO4 WEPS USCG Retired
Re: Ridability problem with '07 1250
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 11:41:18 PM »
Well to be honest if you can't do basic diagnostics yourself to determine what might be wrong, your basically at the mercy of the dealer who may be honest as the day is long or taking advantage of your situation for some needed earnings. Personally I do know a bit about engine diagnostics and unfortunately 75% of the time the dealer tried to pull a fast one on me. Just my experience others might be different, but one thing is for sure you wont really know until you learn to diagnose your own bike as this could be anything from a lose spark plug wire to an air box hose that came loose. Most B1250  and B1200 owner who know how to diagnose using the manual have usually found a simple cause to be the problem. So unless we hear of allot of similar cases occurring like dashboards melting or bike parts unexpectedly falling off for no reason, I think you just need to crack the service manual and learn a few basics so you can have a better idea and better describe what is wrong to the dealer so he knows that you know your stuff and fixes it accordingly.

Offline dhcolesj

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 11:54:48 PM »
Unfortunately O'Gunner is right.  You need to go into the dealer basically telling him what you think is wrong and what you've done so far to isolate it.  That smacks him with a clue bat that maybe you might be able see past his phony-ness and keeps him a little more honest.
See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
John 3:16!

'08 1250S Bandit

Offline gunzip

• TURBO TYPER!
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 11:56:42 PM »
 problem could be in the PAIR system also

Offline smooth operator

• Site Supporters
  • Board Homesteader!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 05:50:20 AM »
  I take it a step farther,I want to talk to the tech. thats working on my bike. And tell him where I'm at with it.  My Bandit is a 1st gen,so that bike doesn't go to the dealer. But I did take the SV in a year ago,I was changing the case on the water pump side. Was busy with work and brought it in with the fairing already off. Coolant was aleady drained, A NO OIL was marked on a pc. of tape by the key. He just had to set the bearing for the impellar for the water pump and put it back together. Unfortunatly, he didn't set the bearing correctly, so the whole thing had to be done over again.(on this own dime)